Ladakh Trip from Delhi would be fun, right? Yes, Of course! Road trips allow you to experience and feel the place that you are traversing through from a completely different perspective. And amongst several road trips that take place in India, the Ladakh trip from Delhi stands out the most and is the most popular among the lot.
Who wouldn’t like traveling to a cold desert? Everyone who likes to travel would nod a yes. And here, we are talking about Ladakh, the landscape which is completely different from the rest of the country.
The journey towards Leh from Manali lets you look at the mesmerizing snow-clad peaks. You will see the minute changes in the landscape that takes place when you are moving towards Leh.
Other than mountains and vast stretches of land, there are other famous places in Ladakh for sightseeing. The 17th century Leh Palace lets you peep into their old-timey world along with a great view of the Ladakh mountain range.
There is also the Shanti Stupa, the Thikshey monastery, and Hall of fame for you to visit. Also, Wait for the time you get to visit the junction of the Rivers Indus and Zanskar, to see the colors merge which makes up for a great view. Pathar Sahab Gurudwara is another point that you must see and have the tasty Langar.
A visit to the Nubra valley along with the Pangong valley is a must for anyone traveling to Ladakh from Delhi. The campsites in Ladakh are beautiful and they let you experience a stay in an area untouched by pollution and any urban kind of distraction. Also, these routes were used to be a major part of Indo-Chinese trade, which is great information to behold.
To visit Tso Moriri in Ladakh you need to cross difficult paths but on reaching you will find the best views of Ladakh. It lies in a conserved area, so its flora and fauna in Ladakh are something you should explore definitely.
Camping in Ladakh is a highlight of a trip as you get to see beautiful places and different terrains. On your way back to Manali you will get to camp at Sarchu which is a major halting point.
The best time to visit Ladakh from Delhi is in Summer which lasts from April till June and the pleasant weather in Ladakh is perfect for a memorable trip during these months. As you will be going on a road trip, the last month for visiting Ladakh in September. For the rest of the year, the highways remain closed because of snow and possible landslides and this period is marked as the closing months for Ladakh.
Some Popular activities in Ladakh are trekking and mountain biking and could be enjoyed from June to September. If you happen to visit on the 12th or 13th of June, do check out the Mask Dance Festivals in Lamayuru Monastery.
The special Frozen River Trek happens during January and February, to avail yourself of it you need to take a flight to Leh as normal routes are closed off during these months.
When you are in Ladakh do not forget to mix with the local people to know more about the culture in Ladakh. The trip allows you to have a look at the monasteries which are important as the main religion of Ladakh is Buddhism.
The reasons you need to check out the Ladakh Trip from Delhi in 2021 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Ladakh from Delhi with Hikerwolf.
Triple Occupancy- ₹24000/- Per Person
Dual Occupancy- ₹29000/- Per Person
Triple Occupancy- ₹29,000/- Per Person
- Triple Occupancy- ₹35,000/- Per Person
- Dual Occupancy- ₹40,000/- Per Person
- Triple Occupancy- ₹36000/- Per Person
- Dual Occupancy- ₹41000/- Per Person
- Triple Occupancy- ₹37,000/- Per Person
- Dual Occupancy- ₹42,000/- Per Person
- Triple Occupancy- ₹49,000/- Per Person
- Dual Occupancy- ₹54,000/- Per Person
- Triple Occupancy- ₹50,000/- Per Person
- Dual Occupancy- ₹55,000/- Per Person
NOTE: Pay just ₹4000/- to book this trip at a current discounted price and pay the rest 25 days before the trip date.
DAY 1: Delhi to Manali | Overnight Journey
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point by 06:00 PM in the evening.
- We’ll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing session will be conducted.
- We will begin our overnight journey to Manali.
*The pick up point would be RK Ashram or Majnu Ka Tila (tentative).
DAY 2: Manali Arrival | Local Sightseeing
- Upon reaching Manali, we will check in to our designated hotels and spend some leisure time.
- Travelers are advised to go for cafe hopping, local sightseeing, and indulging in handicraft shopping in Manali.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Manali.
DAY 3: Manali to Sarchu (260 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
- After early morning breakfast, we will head towards Jispa while traversing through the iconic Rohtang Pass/ Atal Tunnel and Baralacha La.
- Upon reaching Sarchu, we will spend some leisure time.
- In the evening, we will indulge in some group bonding activities followed by dinner and an overnight stay in Sarchu
*This day spent in Sarchu is for acclimatization purposes before we embark on our Leh-Ladakh tour.
DAY 4: Sarchu to Leh (230 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast, we will start our ride early as we have to cover a good amount of distance today.
- Remember to enjoy the day as we pass through Tanglangla, Moore Planes & Upshi. Additionally, this particular stretch can be considered as one of the most aesthetically pleasing rides. So make sure you’re having your cameras ready for this one particular journey.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Leh.
DAY 5: Leh Sightseeing Day
- After breakfast, we will head out for our local sightseeing tour.
- Afterward, we will spend some time at the Sangam site in the Leh region where the Zanskar River meets the Indus river to form a beautiful confluence.
- We will also visit other tourist attractions such as Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic hill which is an anti-gravity hill as well as The Hall of Fame which is a war memorial maintained by the Indian Army.
- The last stop on our sightseeing tour is the iconic Shanti Stupa known for its beautiful white dome shape, statues, and intricate carvings.
- We will return to our hotel where dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Leh.
DAY 6: Leh to Nubra (162 Kilometers, 6 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast, we’ll head for one of the Highest Motorable Road in The World, KhardungLa.
- Reaching KhardungLa, we’ll have a short snacks break.
- After the break, we’ll start for Nubra valley.
- Reaching Nubra Valley, we’ll check into our respective hotel rooms/Campsite.
- In the evening, we will head towards Hundar and we can enjoy a fun ride of Double Hump Bactrian Camel, ATV, and more (personal expense)
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served.
- Overnight stay at Hundar in Nubra Valley.
DAY 7: Nubra to Pangong (280 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Afterward, we’ll check out from our hotel/campsite and head for Diskit Monastery.
- After sightseeing at Diskit Monastery, We’ll continue further to Pangong Tso.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Pangong.
Day 8: Pangong to Leh (230 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
- After spending a night under the starry skies and waking up to the beautiful view of the Pangong lake, we will have breakfast early in the morning.
- Traversing through Chang La Pass, which is one of the highest passes in the world, we will head back to Leh.
- En route, we will visit the Shey Palace which is popular for its 12-meter-tall gold-gilded statue of Buddha. We will also pay our reverence at Thiksey Monastery, which is the largest Monastery in Central Ladakh
- Upon reaching Leh, we will check into our designated hotel where we will have dinner and spend the night.
*Note: Visiting Shey Palace and Thiksey Monastery is subjected to time.
Day 9: Leh to Jispa (330 Kilometers, 9 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast, we’ll head out for Jispa.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served.
- Overnight stay in Jispa.
Day 10: Jispa to Manali(85 Kilometers, 4 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served in the morning and today is the final day of the tour.
- Post breakfast, we’ll start out on a back journey to Manali.
- We’ll reach Manali by evening and freshen up here.
- Finally, we’ll take an overnight bus from Manali for our final way back to Delhi.
Day 11: Delhi Arrival | Tour Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi early in the morning.
- End of Leh Tour.
- Transporation in Tempo Traveller from Manali to Manali
- Bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and return
- Bike Rent with Fuel from Manali to Manali
- Riding Gears (Knee guard, Elbow guard, Helmet).
- *Note: Due to comfort and safety reasons, we recommend you all to carry your own helmets for the ride. The helmets which we provide are of standard size so there can be some discrepancies regarding the sizes.
- Accommodations on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Meal Plan: MAP (Breakfast+ Dinner, starting from Day 2 Dinner till Day 10 Breakfast)
- Trip Lead will be present at all times during the tour.
- Mechanical Support
- Backup Vehicle
- Inner Line Permits
- First Aid Kits
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Infrared Thermometer
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delay travel.
- Cost Of Any Spare Part Which Will Be Used Due To The Accidental Damage Incurred When The Motorbike Is In Rider’s Possession.
- Cost Incurred To Transfer Or Tow The Motorbike In Case It Is Dropped On The Way.
- Vehicle Servicing Or Maintenance Cost
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from Manali or Srinagar.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Down Jacket /Main Jacket
- Thermals (Upper & Lower)
- Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
- Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
- First Aid Kit
- Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
- Water Bottle
- Power bank
- Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cold Cream
- Lip Guard
- Sunscreen Lotion