Life is all about good friends and great adventures. So, let’s wander where the network is and get a hiking experience with thrilling excitement! and thrill your experience with the third highest peak in Maharashtra-Harishchandragad!
No people! it’s not related to the honest person – Harish Chandra this is something different. Physically daunting and visually rewarding!
In brief, the climbing at almost 80 degrees to a concave cliff that looks like a cobra’s hood. The scenic beautiful and alluring charming is the quaint slippy region.
Harishchandragad fort is quite ancient, with its origin dating back to the sixth century. There are caves situated all over the fort, believed to be carved out in the eleventh century. Moreover, the various temples and carvings in the caves indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Nath.
It is an almost 1,423 m concave fall, therefore, the main attraction of this hill fort remains the Konkankada (Konkan cliff). It is also a vertical overhang, like a cobra’s hood, providing a panoramic view of the surrounding hills and sunset under the sky. The most Mesmerizing view awaits us!
So what are you waiting for? Get an amazing experience to fill another adventurous trip in your diary.
After trekking the mesmerizing Harischandragad trek a trekker will surely have stories to narrate.
Board the 10:50 pm Kasara fast local from CST. (On Saturday night)
The train timing at –
- Dadar – 11:05 pm
- Ghatkopar – 11:18 pm
- Thane – 11:34 pm
- Kalyan – 12:07 am
- Titwala – 12:21 am
- Asangaon – 12:41 am
We commence the unforgettable Harishchandragad trek from our meeting point – Kasara Station and start proceeding to the base village, PACHNAI. Where we’ll relax and have breakfast. The ascend will begin at 6:30 am with short introduction & instruction session for our journey and here comes the time to start an ascend to Harishchandragad with thrill adventure & spellbound views of nature!
Reaching the top of Harishchandragad, time abide by sightseeing, visit Kokankada, Explore the fascinating view and admire the luxurious nature of the Harishchandragad fort. Later enjoy the splendid lunch & of course, the photography.
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni and Caves on Harishchandragad
- Kedareshwar cave (in which there is a big Shiv Linga, completely surrounded by water)
- Temple of Harishchandreshwar
Post lunch, we start descending towards the base village. We proceed back to Kasara station. A click before concluding the trek which will be memorized forever with HikerWolf!
Note:- The trip will start one day before i.e we start our journey on the 2nd night.
- Breakfast (Jain food available)
- Lunch (Jain food available)
- snacks during the trek
- Local transportation (Kasara to Kasara)
- HikerWolf expertise
- Fun-loving games & activities
- A lot of memories
- Mineral water
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 litters)
- Trekking Shoes
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Mosquito repellent
- Identity Proof
- Some light snacks
- Poncho, windcheater or rainwear
- Suggested to wear Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Note – Keep bags as light as possible. Please do not carry bags weighing more than 3 kgs.
- Can I join solo?
Answer: Of course, you can, we always have people joining solo and they go back home making many new friends.
- How and when will your team coordinate with me?
Answer: We make a WhatsApp group of all the participants, besides, one day before the event and share all the necessary details in it.
- How do I join if I am from Pune?
Answer- If you’re from Pune, kindly meet us at Kalyan.
- Is this event kids friendly?
Answer: As the level of difficulty for this trek is medium, we do not advise to bring kids along.
- Are drinks allowed at this trek?
Answer: Drinks and smoking are strictly prohibited on this trek.
- Will I get Jain food?