Standing tall and mighty at an elevation of 12,500 feet, Kedarkantha is a majestic mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. It is located within Govind Ballabh Wildlife Sanctuary and Govind Ballabh National Park. This place treats you to an exotic array of flora and fauna throughout the trek, whether trekking on snowy winter trails or traversing your way through the glossy green pine forests, the Kedarkantha trek is a trekkers delight. If you are seeking a short rendezvous from the mundane routine of city life then this particular location is bound to soar your spirits.
Duration: 5 days
Length: 20 km
Altitude: 12500 ft
Difficulty Level: Moderate
If Train Tickets are included, your journey will commence one day before the initially mentioned date.
- 24th Dec 2023
- 31st Dec 2023
For other dates click here.
Without train tickets – ₹11,999/-
With train tickets – ₹13,499/-
NOTE : Block your seat at just ₹2000/- and pay the rest 25 days before the trip date.
Day 0: Mumabi to Delhi
Only for someone has opted for train tickets from Mumbai, Surat, Vadodara.
Day 1: Dehradun – Sankari | River Tons, Pine Forest
Reach Dehradun at 6 am
Altitude: 6,400 feet || Distance: 256 Km || 6-7 Hrs
Let us know our tour-mates and guides before we begin our adventurous journey. We ride alongside the beloved and untamed Yamuna River, later on, enjoy the fresh and chilly breeze from the River Tons. On our way, we will encounter beautiful plains of pine forest. The pine forests are a sight of great attraction. The trek gives a feel of climbing the Himalayas without any technical climbing, which makes the Kedarkantha trek special and unique hence a popular attraction.
Day 2: Sankari – Juda ka Talab | Kedarkantha Trek Begins
Altitude: 9,100 feet || 4 Km Trek || 4-5 Hrs
Post breakfast we visit the nearby villages and meet the local people. We meet our trek leaders and start our Kedarkantha trek, and ascend to Juda ka Talab. Our camp will be located beside the glacial lake amid the snowy mountains. Play with the snow, listen to the local story, understand and grasp the knowledge of the legend behind ‘Juda Ka Talab’. And captivate the flora-fauna of the Himalaya’s. The campsite is not only mesmerizing but also perfect for capturing loads of pictures. Do not forget to captivate the alluring sunset from the mountains. We rest in our allotted camps.
Day 3: Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha Base Camp | Kedarkantha Trekking
Altitude: 11,250 feet || 4 Km Trek || 4-5 Hrs
We wake up early and witness the dazzling sunrise from within the mountains. After you finish the scrumptious breakfast, we kick start the trek to hit the days destination i.e, Kedarkantha Base Camp. While the trekking is inflow we will witness snowy peaks and numerous summits; the best part is that we will be trekking over them to reach the Kedarkantha Peak. Witness the majestic summits that treat you to the magical panorama of open highlands expansive meadows, breathtaking points and steep slopes. The entire way is snow-covered with occasional pine and oak trees; a perfectly picturesque place. We end the night at the base camp; have a delicious dinner, and rest beside the graceful mountains.
Day 4: Kedarkantha base – Kedarkantha peak – Hargaon | Kedarkantha Peak, Mesmerizing Peak View
Altitude: 11,250 feet – 12,500 feet – 8,900 feet || 16 Km Trek || 8-10 Hrs
We start our day early, have breakfast and begin the trek to reach the highest peak, i.e, Kedarkantha Peak. The Kedarkantha trek is adventurous in itself but on top of that at the summit, a 360-degree view of mountain peaks sways you off; not just the famous peaks like Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kalanag, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and DhaulaDhar Ranges but also hundreds of other untouched and untainted virgin mountains welcome you with a warm embrace. We spend some time on the peak, endure the conditions, and make awesome memories and have snacks and hot tea before we start to trek down. Depending upon the conditions we would choose the best path to descend to Hargaon. We end our Kedarkantha trek and lay off for today at Hargaon.
Day 5: Hargaon to Sankri Trek – Drive to Dheradun |
After witnessing another blissful sunrise high up the mountains, have a relaxing breakfast at Hargaon. We descend to Sankri via forest trails and the enchanting sounds of the birds and wildlife. Thereafter, drive to Dheradun from Sankri. The drive is filled with picturesque landscapes and a sense of accomplishment, having conquered the trails. As we head back home, our hearts are brimming with joy and contentment, cherishing the memories of the trek from Hargaon to Sankri and the return journey that left us with happy faces and a renewed spirit of adventure.
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri.
- Sleeper class train tickets from Mumbai to Delhi and Back.
- 2 Night Stay at guesthouse
- 3 night stay in camp
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader.
- Accommodation:-Guesthouse, camping during Trek.
- Hygienic & Nutritious Meals :
- 5 Dinners (from Day 1 to Day 5)
- 5 Breakfasts (from Day 2 to Day 6)
- 4 Packed Lunches (from Day 2 to Day 6)
- Trekking gears (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Gaiters, Crampons)
- Adventure gears for the team (Ice axe, oximeter)
- Fully equipped medical kit, oxygen and safety equipment
- All entry fees and permits.
- Experienced Staff (Guides, Cooking Staff, Helpers, Porters)
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Meals onboard train journey.
- Food during the transit (Dehradun to Sankri)
- Mules or porters to carry personal luggage.
- 5% GST.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the cost.
- Walking Stick, Jacket & Trekking Shoes will be available for rent.
Tent sharing options
- Three-person high-quality large tents
- Two-person high-quality tents for couples (only on prior confirmation and may subject to availability at some campsites)
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Shoes compulsory
- Personal medicines if any
- Compulsory bedsheets
- Warm clothes
- Sun cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Suitable pair of clothes
- Toiletries (sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, toilet paper, sanitiser, and wet wipes)
- Cutlery (spoon, coffee mug, and lunch box)
- Water bottles
- Plastic covers or bags for wet clothes
- HikerWolf provides its train tickets through the IRCTC app.
- The tickets confirmation depends on the number of days left until the trip.
- While it’s important to understand that there is no 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets on every occasion, please be aware that HikerWolf does not have control over the confirmation process for tickets.
- It’s important to acknowledge that there’s always a possibility of receiving an RAC (half seat) or a waitlisted ticket instead of a confirmed seat. Please note that HikerWolf is not accountable for unconfirmed tickets, as IRCTC is a government entity over which we have no control.
- If the train is canceled or its route is changed for any reason, HikerWolf will not assume responsibility, and alternative solutions will be offered at an additional cost.
- To enhance your chances of securing a full seat on the train, it’s highly advisable to book your trip well in advance, preferably at least 20 days prior to your travel date.
- HikerWolf cannot be held responsible for changes in your travel plans, and therefore, if you choose not to take the same train we originally booked for your return journey, there will be no refunds\change for ticket dates or prices.
WHO ALL CAN GO
- Newbies can volunteer, should have some interest in trekking and mountaineering.
- The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without stress.
- The climber should be able to carry a 10-15 kg backpack.
- Heart problems, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission.
- The climber must not have the mentioned conditions
STILL, HAVE QUESTIONS?
Request a callback
Day 1: Dehradun - Sankari | River Tons, Pine Forest
Finally, the day has come that you’ve been waiting for so long. You reached Dehradun and it feels like a dream come true! With big open arms, we welcome you to our family. We are really grateful that you chose our Kedarkantha trekking package. As we will pick you up from your arrival spot, we will set foot for our amazing journey ahead. In this journey, you will come across like-minded strangers who will eventually end up being great friends and companions. On our trailblazing journey, you’ll get to experience some prominent and captivating sights that profoundly add to the glory of this place.
The mighty Yamuna river will be by your side as you head to your destination. The clear white stream of water amidst the lofty mountains is bound to take your attention. Going high up through all those tortuous roads by the river and the cool breeze that blows through the gaps might blow your mind away! On the way, we’ll also meet Tons river whose elegance runs in parallel to the Yamuna.
Our journey is also set to cross paths with the beautiful northern plains as well as the Himalayan pine forests which are equally enchanting. The breathtaking views of this place are beyond comparison and will compel you to set your gaze outside. After about a 6-hour journey, we will reach Sankari and will complete the first part of our Kedarkantha trekking.
Day 2: Sankari - Juda ka Talab | Kedarkantha Trek Begins
Hey Heeey! It's time to wake up to a brand-new day of our trekking adventure. After having our tummies full, we embark on our thrill-filled trekking. Today our Kedarkantha trekking destination will be Juda Ka Talab. Before that, we will visit the nearby villages and will delve into and learn about their beautiful cultures and traditions, besides getting tips on how to trek. Trek leaders will be present over there and once we meet them, we will start the exciting trek.
After an adventurous Kedarkantha trek, we will reach this charming lake high up in the mountains. We will set up our pretty little accommodations, i.e., tents right next to this beguiling lake amidst the snow-clad mountains. Isn’t it amazing?
You will learn about the sensational history behind the legendary lake and also spend time listening to heartwarming local stories. The diverse flora and fauna of this place are also worth a shot. And yes, you also get to take photographs over here, scores of photographs, whether it be a selfie or groupie or the tantalizing mountains and of the scenic beauties. The sunsets are a no-miss for they are fabulous. As the night slowly dwells in, we will settle in our little cottages and doze off.
Day 3: Juda ka Talab - Kedarkantha Base Camp | Kedarkantha Trekking
Morning folks! It’s time for another great adventure! We will wake up early to witness the enriching rays of the colourful and captivating sunrise. It is one of the best sites that you’ll possibly encounter here and it's timeless.
After watching the sunrise from the lap of the mountains, we will set off for the Kedarkantha trek. The journey comes with its perks too. You’ll see some splendid snow-capped mountains and a handful of summits that will snatch away your attention. As we cross through the snow-covered tracks, you will get to experience the praiseworthy scenarios, the vast spread of highlands and a captivating panoramic view of the sky meeting the lands miles away. This place will also serve as a perfect place to capture some breathtaking photographs. We will continue our journey and after about 4-5 hours, we will reach our destination, the Kedarkantha base camp.
The lights and warmth of the camp amidst the admirable mountains will be an amazing experience for you. After the dinner delight, we take some rest for another equally great adventure on the next day.
Day 4: Kedarkantha base - Kedarkantha peak - Hargaon | Kedarkantha Peak, Mesmerizing Peak View
Yay! It’s the day! Today you can finally get to the place you’ve been craving for, the highest peak, the Kedarkantha peak. Right after having a delicious breakfast, we will head towards the summit, trekking all the way through the mountains. Once you reach the peak, the scintillating views of the snowy peaks under the dazzling sun rays are going to blow your mind away.
It will feel as if this place has descended from heaven itself. The whole panoramic view of the entire landscape is mesmerizing. Besides, you’ll get to enjoy the insanely popular peaks like Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kalanag, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and DhaulaDhar Ranges among several others, standing mighty and tall with all their elegance, poise, and perfection. We will spend some quality time on the summit and enjoy the scenic views, take a bunch of photographs, have lots of exciting interactions and lots and lots of happy memories. Tea and some tasty snacks will be provided to add to your delight.
After all these amazing moments that we spend together, we will leave this place behind and slowly descend on our way to Hargaon. Once we reach, we will have another amazing dinner session and finally lay down to sleep off the tiredness.
Day 5: Hargaon to Sankri Trek - Drive to Rishikesh | Camping, bonfires, and smores
It’s time to get up because we have gotta go camping! By now, a part of you would want to stay back and admire the divine scenery of the enchanting mountains and the other part of you would simply want to let go of the strings. But hey! The trip is not quite over yet. There is another adventurous day awaiting us. And to unlock that we need to hurry back to Sankri and then set our sails for the very almighty Rishikesh! After descending through trekking trails to Sankri, we drive to Rishikesh through the black roads with the breezy air flowing on your face just enough to take your tiredness away. Capture the last of your road trip on your cameras which later can be used for some amazing vlog edits!
We reach Rishikesh and check in to the campsites for another timeless experience. Here you can live through the several books and movies that you've read or watched. This is like a dream come true for the hidden camper inside you! Get ready for some fun activities and games like cricket, volleyball, or maybe a game of your very own? Enjoy the bonfires and sit around the fire for a sing-along with your peers. Enjoy the smores and make the most of your stay. By the evening, lay off for another delightful dinner. Sleep all your tiredness away because for the one last time, picture Abhi Baki hai mere dost!
Day 6: Rishikesh River Rafting | Return home with happy faces!
Good Morning fellas! Here we are, having accomplished an amazing adventure and now, it’s time for a little cherry on top experience. Today, after having the last breakfast, we check-out but not to head back home, not just yet! We go for, drum roll please, River Rafting! Rishikesh aaye our river rafting nahi Kiya? We don't want you to face that question, right? So put on some life jackets and pick up an oar, jump on a raft, and viola! Let the water sprinkle across your laughing faces while you soar through the waters of the Ganges River. Capture the moments on your cameras for this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Raft along 10-12 km in the holy Ganges and rush your muscles with adrenaline!
After you are satisfied with the waters head back to the bank to freshen up. And here we conclude the adventure part of our trip. You can allow yourself to do some local sightseeing and some obligatory shopping.
The Kedarkantha trek was an amazing one and we hope that you had what you wished for and made tons of precious memories with hopes to return someday soon. The family that we made here was amazing and now it’s time to return to our normal lives with sweet goodbyes and a heart full of emotions, we part ways.
Terms of Service
While booking this trip you acknowledge that this trip is an adventure trip and like all adventure has a risk of physical injury and also death; you fully accept the responsibility for all such risks as a condition of participation and accept that the organizers on behalf of HikerWolf or HikerWolf as the firm cannot be held/ made liable for the same. We are just responsible for Hotel, Travel and Guide bookings for all the trips.
- HikerWolf reserves the rights to cancel the trip if the minimum batch size does not suffice.
- Trip Leaders will only accompany you if there are people more than the minimum batch size otherwise, the trip will be handled virtually.
Yes, we have many Solo Trekkers/Travellers joining us on all our treks. The Kedarkantha trek at HikerWolf is planned in such a way that you will not only enjoy the trek but also make new friends.
Kedarkantha trek difficulty level is easy to moderate, with gradual ascends and descends. Only the uphill climb from Kedarkantha base camp can be a little strenuous.
In terms of the terrain, the trail is easy. If you compare Kedarkantha to a few of the toughest treks in India, like the Rupin Pass trek or the Goechala trek, then it would rate very low on the difficulty scale.
Yes, The Kedarkantha trek is an easy to moderate trek, which means it is suitable for beginners. It is a round trail & stands at the height of 12,500 ft. It is suited for all healthy adults as well as children. The trail has a blend of a few ascends & descends that offers an ideal opportunity to amateur trekkers and first-timers to enjoy and explore their adventurous side.
It is advisable to avoid harsh winter and monsoon months. The path leading to the temple gets highly dangerous during peak monsoons as landslides and floods are very common during this time of the year. Although yes, Kedarkantha Trek is safe. The villagers are decent and helpful. So you don’t have to worry about your safety because you will not face any situations as such in Devbhoomi but it is always advised to take care of your personal belongings.
- Kedarkantha Peak – The name literally means the throat of lord Shiva (Kedar refers to Lord Shiva and Kantha means Throat) “He is the Destroyer of the universe only to recreate it, Lord Shiva.”
- At a towering height of 3800 meters, Kedarkantha is a majestic peak located in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Kedarkantha is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand due to its relative ease of access and gradual inclination.
- Kedarkantha is a trek that single-handedly revolutionised winter trekking in our country. It also changed the perception of “high altitude trekking” as a sport. It showed the world that the Himalayan treks are possible outside of summer and autumn. It made winter trekking more popular than even summer in India.
- This winter trek is known for its extraordinary charm, exquisite campsites in Himalayas, wonderful sunset, thrilling summit climb, magnificent trail, splendid scenic beauty, mind blowing fauna. It just sinks into you in no time, one gets withdrawal symptoms for weeks after the visit. And the jaw-dropping view from the top, which makes this trek popular among the trekkers & adventurers.
On the Kedarkantha trek, you will be accompanied by our certified professional trekking leaders & climbers. In addition to them, there will be a local guide, a cook, an assistant, porters, and other staff. All our treks are led and hosted by professional trek leaders who have good experiences in managing groups and conducting various team-building games and activities.This type of games and activities helps like-minded trekkers to mix up, make new friends, and enjoy every moment of the trek.
For the Kedarkantha trek, we prefer to have a group of 15-30 people. We believe that smaller groups of people can connect easily and have lots of fun together while we can give our personal care as well.
We rent taxis such as Innova, Tempo Traveler, Bolero, Tata Sumo, etc. from our suppliers for the transportation towards Kedarkantha Tour.
The overall Kedarkantha trek distance is around 20 km, from start to finish. The trek begins from a village by the name of Sankri located at a height of 6,500 ft. From Sankri, trekkers have to climb 6,000 ft uphill and cover a distance of 10 km within 2 days, to reach the highest point of the peak.
Kedarkantha gets most of its footfalls between the months of December to April, which is the best time to visit Kedarkantha Trek. The spring season lets the trekkers peek into its picturesque views elevated by the clear skies, lush green pine forests and its fragrant wildflowers.
We provide dual/triple sharing accommodation during all our stays on the Kedarkantha Tour. Our stay is located at an apt location with views of the snowy hills, turquoise lakes, and camping under the stars. We are known to provide the best possible accommodation on our trips, the accommodation can be in a hotel / alpine tent / dome tent / Homestays.
Yes, during the Kedarkantha trek, separate toilet tents will be installed on each campsite.
Kedarkantha is a secluded place so most of the mobile networks do not work here but you can carry a sim of BSNL because in base camp and nearby places it works good enough. Due to its remote location and high altitude, mobile networks are only scantily available on the Kedarkantha Trek. Hence, it is difficult to get 3G or 4G connectivity.
Yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner all are included in the HikerWolf Kedarkantha Trek package.
We provide nutritious and healthy food during the trek. We always serve vegetarian Indian food and eggs as an essential part of the meals in our Kedarkantha Trek.
No, Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited on the Kedarkantha trek because going to a cold secluded place of Himalayas where altitude sickness is responsible for making many trekkers sick is enough. The alcohol can react to your body differently in tough conditions so it is advised to not take that kind of risk.
Comfortable trekking shoes are recommended for enduring trek towards Kedarkantha. We recommend Quechua trekking shoes for better grip in the rigorous trek. Shoes are the lifeline during the trek. It is highly recommended to buy trekking shoes from a well-known brand. You can consider companies like Action Campus, Columbia, etc. A waterproof shoe with ankle support will work well.
HikerWolf Kedarkantha trekking package includes:
- Experienced Trek Leader.
- Travel fare from Dehradun to base Village (Sankri) and back
- Supporting staff.
- All meals on scheduled time(Vegetarian and Delicious Only)
- Quality equipment for Trekking (This doesn’t include personal equipment)
- Fully equipped medical kit and safety equipment
- All kinds of permits and camping charges
- Stay in Tent and Homestays
Kedarkantha is a majestic peak located in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand perched at an altitude of 12,500 ft and 3,800 in meters above sea level and it is a 20 km long trek wild in nature with trails and terrains leading us the way which makes it more adventurous.
Endurance plays a bigger role than fitness in Kedarkantha Trek. The following exercises should help you:
- Start jogging or cardio exercises 5/ 6 times a week for 20 mins, this will increase your air intake capacity, which is required for the high altitudes of Kedarkantha.
- Do push-ups, squats, abs exercises to keep your muscles toned. As you will require muscle strength to endure the long-distance travel.
- Cut down on sugar and junk food, start eating healthy.
The list of clothes/things you should carry for the Kedarkantha Trek is as follows:
- Windcheater Jacket / Heavy windproof jacket
- Inner thermals (2 pairs minimum)
- Insulating socks
- Comfortable travel pants/ trekking pants
- Balaclava/ Monkey cap
- Hand gloves
- Extra pair of shoes/gumboots
- Personal medications (if any)
- Identity proof
- Trekking Shoes compulsory
- Personal medicines if any
- Compulsory bedsheets
- Suitable pair of clothes
- Toiletries (sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, toilet paper, sanitiser, and wet wipes)
- Cutlery (spoon, coffee mug, and lunch box)
- Water bottles
- Plastic covers or bags for wet clothes
- A shoulder bag/ rucksack for all your luggage
Note: Do not carry any valuables to the Kedarkantha Trek. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. HikerWolf will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance
Yes, it is recommended to bring your own medicines while trekking. Although we carry First Aid kits with us all the time as it is an essential part of our trips. We ensure that you get better in terms of any sickness which bothers you on the trip.
The HikerWolf Kedarkantha trek is limited to people up to the age of 35 years. Travellers need to be within the age limit on the trip departure date to be eligible to join. We strictly follow this age criterion, and can not make any exceptions.
We feel that a narrow age-group leads to better experiences for our travellers when they visit a destination and the whole trip experience is more fun since people are on the same wavelength. Plus, it is always great when people make friends and keep in touch later.
The minimum age required for the HikerWolf Kedarkantha trek is 14 years.
There are many exciting and picturesque places to visit in our following trek such as:
- Juda ka Talab
- Kedarkantha Base Camp
- Kedarkantha Peak
The following are the things to do in Kedarkantha Trek:
- Camp like a Champ! – There is no more beautiful thing than camping by the side of a lake, and a lake as serene as Juda Ka Tal enhances the experience even more. The frozen blue lake in the winter will surely be a treat to your eyes. As the Kedarkantha flaunts the beauty in having the prettiest campsites in the Himalayas, each campsite is unique in its own way.
- Dash through the Snow – You are never old to play in the snow, whether you are a little kid or an adult – you wouldn’t be able to resist yourself sliding down the snow because you are going to witness a lot of snow. Once the highs are over, you might get to slide, it will be a life threateningly hilarious experience for you to cherish.
- Build a Snowman – If there is snow, there is a snowman! A perfect activity for winter vacation with your kids is making a snowman while being on the trek. Not only a snowman, if you have plenty of time in hand you can even try making the igloo.
- Hit the Top – Get mesmerized by the quick sweep of a panoramic view from the top. In aplomb the Mountain Ranges of Gangotri, Yamunotri and Kinner-Kailash will stand tall to welcome as you reach the top. Take a deep breath and soak in this moment of majestic beauty of the Himalayas. You can see Bandarpoonch, Black peak, Har Ki Doon Valley and many more exciting views around you.
Try local cuisines for your Taste Buds – Get surprised by the villagers at Sankri who will sway you away with their warm hospitality and humbleness. Give yourself a treat of various kinds of cuisine, not only are they healthy but also very delicious. Indians will always impress you with their amazing food.
After selecting the Kedarkantha trek on the Hikerwolf website, click the Book now button, select the dates and make your payment. You will get an auto-generated receipt on the email submitted by you. You can also contact us if you have any difficulty, we will guide you through the booking process.
Yes, Kedarkantha Trek can be personalized for you if you have a group of 14 plus people. We can customize any trip/excursion based on your needs and feasibility.
The average temperature in Kedarkantha remains around 10 degrees Celsius in the day and -2 degrees Celsius at night, during the winter season. During the summer season, the average temperature of Kedarkantha remains around 20 degrees Celsius in the day and 6 degrees Celsius at night. Whereas, the average temperature of Kedarkantha remains around 17 degrees Celsius in the day and 4 degrees Celsius at night, during the monsoons.
Yes, this trek is good for families and children. You can do this trek with family members if they are medically and physically fit and the children who are above 8 years old. Proper execution and planning will ensure the best & lifetime cherishing trip for your family.
Himalaya water is considered the purest and safest water to drink. But for safety reasons, we sometimes boil water and use it for drinking and cooking. If you find clean water while hiking, always fill the water where it flows, not where the water is stable or at rest.
Yes, we will provide sleeping bags and mattresses during the excursion. Our sleeping bags can withstand temperatures down to -10 degrees.
If it starts to rain slowly during the trek, we will continue walking as expected. Your poncho will keep you dry. If it rains a lot, we will try to find a refuge and wait for the rain to stop or subside. If it rains in the field, there would be no problems because all our living tents, our kitchen tents, and our bathroom tents are waterproof. You will stay dry inside.
No, but our trekking leaders are certified in the first aid course for wildlife and always carry a first aid kit and oxygen cylinders during high altitude excursions.
It totally depends on the dynamics of the group. If there is a couple, we can give them a separate tent. If there is an odd number of people, then the tents would be on triple sharing basis.
We always recommend carrying the backpack while trekking to help maintain body posture. If you can’t, we can provide you with a mule/porter to carry your backpack. If you want this service, you must inform us at least 1 week before the trek. The offloading fee would be around INR 300 per person, per day.
Yes, we generally have many girls joining us on our trips so there are high chances that you are not the only girl on the Kedarkantha Trek. The majority of our staff are girls & girls safety is of prime importance to us. We assure you that you will be with safe and reliable people on the Kedarkantha Tour.
Kedarkantha is best done as a winter trek – from December to April. It is an out-and-out snow trek during these months. You’ll see the first snows on the very first day of the trek, while trekking from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab. Moreover, Kedarkantha is one of the few treks accessible in winter.
The following precaution must be taken to deal with altitude sickness.
- Before ascending towards the higher altitude, spend a couple of days getting accustomed to the low oxygen levels of Kedarkantha.
- Avoid ascending more than 500 meters for the initial days.
- Also, bring your medication with you and rest whenever necessary.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
To explore Kedarkantha minimum 6 days are required where you can enjoy the trek to the fullest and with the utmost joy it will feel like an accomplishment once you complete the Kedarkantha Trek and return with wonderful memories to cherish.
Not really, but as the route comes under Govind Pashu Vihar National Park, there can be a little bit of risk of wild animals. It is advised to walk with the trek mates and the trek leaders will guide you through the trek safely.
Well, it totally depends on the person. There are usually no side effects of Diamox, but if you have previous medical conditions, it is best to consult your doctor.
Our itinerary is designed in such a way that we get sufficient time acclimatized. In case you have any problem while trekking, inform your trek leader about your condition as soon as possible.
It differs from person to person. If you think this will help you maintain balance while trekking, bring your cane. Some people believe that walking sticks break the pace while walking but it certainly depends on you.
There is nothing to worry as such, our trek leader will take care of you as we carry our First aid kit with us. We will provide hospitality right away as soon as you inform us about the injury.
Yes, absolutely! If you are physically fit there’s nothing stopping you as such. Also, Kedarkantha Trek comes under the easy treks which can be completed by anyone. As a matter of fact, age is just a number. So, enjoy the trek wholeheartedly at any point of your life.
If you need gaiters and spikes for a winter Kedarkantha Trek depends totally on the weather on that particular day. Since we can’t always predict the weather, it would be better if you carry it with you, just in case.
Kedarkantha trek in June is a paradise for nature lovers. It’s worth mentioning that during this month, you will not be able to see any snow. However, you will be able to see lush greenery and a variety of flowers.
Hiking in jeans is not recommended. Jeans are made from cotton, which holds water and can freeze. Many hikers wore jeans for hiking in the 1970s and 1980s before synthetic material was available. For short hikes and nature walks, jeans can be acceptable hiking attire. But for long hikes and treks the appropriate wear are Pants, which should be made of durable, quick-drying fabrics such as spandex or nylon (just as with your upper body, be sure to avoid cotton), should be worn if you expect any drop in temperature or heavy vegetation along the trail.
Knee-deep snow in winters, mesmerizing view from the top, and the beautiful easy trails makes it popular among trekkers. The ‘easy on endurance’ trail goes through the thick pine forests of Govind National Park. The views from the top are worth climbing to an altitude of 12,500 ft. of course, it is very beautiful and worth visiting the angelic beauty of nature by trekking
No, Kedarkantha is a place situated in the Himalayan range and is known for its very famous trekking route while Kedarnath is one of the pilgrimage locations from the Chardham yatra. It does have a trek but it’s more famous as a journey which takes you to a temple of Shiva, which goes by the same name, Kedarnath Temple.