The Rann of Kutch is a mesmerizing and unique salt marsh located in the state of Gujarat, India. It’s renowned for its vast expanse of white salt desert, distinctive landscapes, and vibrant cultural heritage. The Rann of Kutch stretches across an area of about 10,000 square kilometres and is divided into two parts: the Great Rann and the Little Rann. Kutch is originally a Greek word that means “something that intermittently becomes wet and dry”, rightly describing the nature of this wonderful place.
Many creative nomadic and semi-nomadic communities that live in Rann of Kutch are famous for their traditional handicrafts and craftsmanship.
One of the most prominent events associated with the Rann of Kutch is the Rann Utsav, also known as the Rann Festival. This annual festival celebrates the culture, traditions, and artistry of the region. It usually takes place from November to February, coinciding with the months when the desert is at its most enchanting state. The people of Kutch are known for their warm-heartedness & hospitality; they welcome tourists with open arms. “Kutch Nahi Dekha To Kuch Nahi Dekha” remember this? Let’s go & explore the lovely Rann of Kutch
4 Nights / 4 Days
For Other Batches click here.
Without Train Ticket- 12500/- Per Person
With SL Train Ticket- 14500/- Per Person
With AC Train tickets 16500/- Per Person
NOTE: Block your seat at just ₹5000/- and pay the rest 25 days before the trip date.
The Event will be conducted by HikerWolf and Affiliates.
Day 0: Kutch Trip Begins from Mumbai / Surat / Vadodara / Ahmedabad
- 3:15 PM Dadar- Mumbai participants catch train number 20907 Sayaji Express to Bhuj and reach Samakhiali station the next day by 3:40 AM.
Day 1: Samakhiali to Dholavira
- Early morning departure from Samkhiyali to Dholavira (Approx. 3-4 hours journey).
- Enjoy a delightful breakfast en route followed by check-in at our accommodation for the day.
- Freshen up and relish a scrumptious lunch at the dining area.
- Take some time to unwind or venture out to explore the nearby village.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dholavira and explore the fascinating Wood Fossil Park.
- Experience the serene beauty of the sunset at Bhanjdo Hill, also known as Dholavira Sunset Point.
- Return to the resort for the night in our comfortable Bhunga, Cottage, or Tent.
- Dinner will be served at 8 pm.
- Gather around for a captivating evening of cultural dance, a lively campfire, and uplifting music.
Day 2: Dholavira to Rann Of Kutch
- Immerse yourself in the serene beauty of a desert road journey, where tranquillity meets stunning landscapes.
- Visit Kalo Donger for a panoramic view, where the India and Pakistan border converge, and indulge in some delightful shopping.
- Check into our resort and refresh in our Bhunga, Cottage, or Tent. Relish a hearty lunch at the common dining area.
- Early afternoon (3:30 pm) is the perfect time to head out for the Sunset, ensuring a crowd-free experience.
- Don vibrant attire for stunning photos against the backdrop of the Rann.
- Witness the grandeur of the White Desert at sunset.
- Return for the White Rann Fair/Cultural Program and Rann Utsav, capturing moments through your lens.
- Dinner awaits at 9:00 pm, followed by a cosy night’s stay in our traditional hut “Bhunga” or tent.
- Later, those who prefer rest can enjoy the moonlit beauty of the White Desert, while others can relax in comfort.
Day 3: Rann Utsav & Bhuj Sightseeing
- Rise and shine with an early morning wake-up call.
- At 6:00 am, seize the opportunity to witness the first rays of the sun. Alternatively, for those seeking extra rest, the comfort of cosy blankets awaits.
- Breakfast will be served at 08:30 am. Post your meal, freshen up, and check out by 09:30 am to embark on our journey towards Bhuj.
- Lunch will be arranged en route, followed by a comprehensive Bhuj sightseeing experience.
- Explore local gems including Adiyogi Statue, Khari Nadi, Kutch Museum, Aaina Mahal, Chhatedi (cinematic ruins of Royal cenotaphs), and Swaminarayan temple.
- At 09:30 pm, drop-off at Bhuj Airport/Railway station/Bus Station. Return train number 20908 departs from Bhuj at 10:35 pm, arriving at Dadar the following day at 01:50 pm.
Day 4: Bhuj to Ahmedabad / Vadodara / Surat / Mumbai
- Mumbai participants reach Borivali by 1:10 PM and Dadar by 1:50 PM with a heart full of memories.
- Night accommodation on Tripple/Quad sharing bases in a Village Traditional hut called Bhunga tent. (Twin Sharing occupancy also can be arranged based on availability at the time of booking at an extra cost of 3000 per Person)
- Mumbai to Mumbai Train tickets in sleeper class from IRCTC.
- Private non-AC bus with driver for the entire tour. All toll, parking and taxes are included. (It will be already pretty cold)
- Meals- Day 1: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Day3: Breakfast, Lunch
- Veg/Jain food only. (Missed meals will not be refunded or extended on the last day)
- Gov. entry permit for Rann Festival.
- Tour charges, entrance fees to monuments, museums and all local places, bus charges for 2 days, train tickets booking charges.
- Food during train travel and dinner before boarding train.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicles not mentioned in itinerary.
- Meal other than in inclusion
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone calls, tips, renting clothes, rides
- Anything not mentioned above
- 5% GST
THINGS TO CARRY
- Identify proof (Original Compulsory)
- Photocopy of your ID proof (Compulsory)
- Water ( minimum 1 Ltr) Compulsory
- Camera, Powerbank (optional)
- Extra pair of Clothes
- Cap, Goggles, Sunscreen, etc.
- Pair of clothes as much required (shorts, track pants, or any comfortable clothing you wish for)
- Personal medicines
- Sanitary kit
- Bluetooth speakers
Note: Do not carry any valuables. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. We will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance.
Travel: The train timing will be as follows:
Train from Mumbai to Bhuj: Dadar Bhuj Spl Train number 20907 starting at 15:15 hrs from Dadar, Borivali 15:35 hrs. The train will be reaching Bhuj at 6:30 AM.
Train from Bhuj to Mumbai: Return train number 20908 starting from Bhuj at 10:35 PM. Reaching the next day Dadar at 1:50 PM.
Our crew will be travelling by train from Mumbai for the event, you may choose to join the group from Mumbai itself. We can help you with booking train tickets. The Tour leader will be carrying the tickets with him and he will be coordinating with TTE too.
Will get the train tickets from online IRCTC, if you book late you will get a RAC/Waiting List Ticket. Or, you have to opt for a Tatkal ticket.
The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary depending on the situation (if need be).
- Accommodations include stays in traditional “Bhunga” village huts, tents on triple/quad/cottage sharing, or larger capacity cottages for family or solo travelers. Subject to availability during payment, you might enjoy a resort-like experience in Rann Homestay or Rann Kandi. Twin sharing incurs an additional charge of 3000 per person (6000 per couple). For late bookings (less than 30 days in advance), preferred stay choices in twin sharing, triple sharing, or cottage stays may not be guaranteed.
- You will be creating a WhatsApp group 2 days before the event date for coordinating and final instructions. The batch coordinator will be carrying all the train tickets and will meet you at the train station.
- Below five years kids can join in free, provided additional space is not required for the kid during the entire tour and the kid will adjust in the space allocated to accompanying adult.
- The Rann Utsav is set to take place from 01-Nov-2023 to 27-Feb-2024. In the distant past, the region solely relied on the natural moonlight, creating a truly unique experience in the white desert at night. However, at present, extensive floodlight installations across the area have significantly reduced the visibility of moonlight, resembling the floodlights at cricket stadiums during night matches. Rest assured, you can now plan your visit on any date without being dependent on moonlight.
- Please make sure you have gone through the entire details, disclaimer, and if accused/points to note, before booking the event. Please do not apply to join our group without reading and understanding the details explained on this page.