Bhandardara is a small village, located near Igatpuri, in the Western Ghats of India. It is one of the most visited weekend getaways in the state of Maharashtra. The one thing that attracts the travellers the most is the fireflies camping.
Right before the monsoon hits the ground, fireflies; get ready to gleam their own light at the brightest. Moreover, these lightning bugs of nature when above in the sky, emit a magnificent sparkle altogether making you want to capture and preserve the moment with you for lifelong. Give yourself in, to a camping night beside the breathtaking ranges of Sahyadri as you catch a sight of the glorious fireflies at night.
- 22nd May 2021
- 29th May 2021
- 5th June 2021
- 12th June 2021
- Because you are going to camp with millions of glowing fireflies around you!
- Because, we are gonna go boating in the beautiful Bhandardara lake and take a glimpse to lovely Sahyadris surrounding it, in the way you’ve never seen before
- Together with the morning bliss, we’ll enjoy the soothing sounds of chirping birds and unspoiled nature with pleasing sunset and take lots of photos from every possible angle.
- And when the sun has taken its shelter, we’ll take every opportunity to dance like no one is watching us, bring out hippies inside us and live as we have never lived before.
- We have a perfect idea to take the feel of the night. We’ll take a short trek in the nearby forest. Believe us this will be one of the best experiences of the night!
- We will stay up at night for as long as we want, have long conversations share experiences, stories, and whatnot.
Train schedule and reporting time:
- CSMT- 11:30 am (11:46 am train time)
- Byculla- 11:40 am (11:53 am train time)
- Dadar- 11:45 am (11:59 am train time)
- Kurla- 11:55 am (12:06 pm train time)
- Ghatkopar- 12:00 pm (12:10 pm train time)
- Mulund- 12:05 pm (12:22 pm train time)
- Thane- 12:10 pm (12:26 pm train time)
- Dombivali- 12:25 pm (12:39 pm train time)
- Kalyan- 12:30 pm (12:48 pm train time)
- Kasara – 2:00 pm
Note: Request you to be on time as we shall not be responsible in case you miss your train by any chance.
Meet at CSMT station by 11:30 am and reach Kasara Station by 2:00 pm. Further, take local transportation to our wonderful venue for the night – Our own Bhandardhara Campsite. You will be welcomed with the welcome drink. On arrival set your soul free and feel the beautiful sunset while boating in the lake and let your mind express its likelihood to the silent breeze!
Have a little pleasant walk along the Bhandardhara Lake which has a serene feel to itself! To begin with the evening, we will have a little warm-up by various fun team games and activities. In addition to the games, it’s time for lip-smacking Barbeque and Nightclub to start. After some dance moves, it’s time for some dinner. We call it a day as we sleep in our tents.
Wake up earlier to witness the refreshing water in front of your campsite. Freshen up and adore the beautiful morning bliss greenery with a sip of hot cup tea! Click some good selfies to explore the campsite breathe in the fresh air and compare your busy polluted life to this pleasant campsite. Lastly, it’s time to wrap up tents, pack our bags with beautiful memories and head back to our homes!
To begin with the day, we rush to gather at the meeting point. Next, commence your journey towards our own Bhandardhara Campsite.
On arrival, set yourself free let your soul feel the beautiful sunset while boating in beautiful Bhandardhara Lake and let your mind express its likelihood to the silent breeze! Have a little pleasant walk alongside Bhandardhara Lake which has a serene feel to itself!
To begin with the evening, we will have a little warm-up by various fun team games and activities or just chill out near the Lake.
Next, we head with tent pitching, tea-coffee and evening refreshments with a pinch of photography. (Well it’s too important, isn’t it?)
Finally, it’s Campfire Time! It’s time to unfold your own life and others live as well! To begin with the fun, it’s time to express the soul by tunes of your favourite songs, your singing tracks or dancing moves. Entertainments like some stories, travel experiences (usually, we don’t mind ghost stories as well: p)
As the sun sets, the twinkling of stars is all that we have which is beautiful indeed! Not only does the blanket of stars feel like magic but if you are lucky, you will also get to see shooting stars. It is said that this place witness 500 shooting star per night! Yes!
GOOD MORNING! Wake up earlier to witness refreshing water in front of your campsite. Freshen up soon and adore the beautiful morning bliss greenery with a sip of a hot cup of tea-coffee!
Click some good selfies there and explore the campsite. Breathe in the fresh air and compare your busy polluted life to this pleasant campsite.
Lastly, it’s time to wrap up tents, pack our bags and leave for our departure from the site. Hence, the journey ends with happy memories and new relations!!
And don’t be sad, get ready and let’s meet for the next one!
Firefly sightings are dependent on weather conditions. Ideally, this is the best time to sight them. However, we do not take responsibility for low firefly sightings.
In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, we will try our best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability). Washrooms are available at the base village
- Local transportation from Kasara to Campsite and Back
- Welcome drink
- Evening Snacks (Jain food available)
- Breakfast (Day 2) (Jain food available)
- Tent stays
- Fun-loving games & activities
- HikerWolf Expertise
- Basic First Aid is also included for safety
- A lot of memories
- Mineral water
- Train tickets from Mumbai to Kasara and Back
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Identity Proof
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 litters)
- 3 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Flipflops or Sandals
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Mosquito repellent
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
- A shawl or jacket as it will be cold, and you may require it while sleeping
- Sanitary Kit
- Can I join solo?
Answer: Of course, you can, we always have people joining solo and they go back home making many new friends.
- Is this event kids friendly?
Answer: Yes, the event is kids friendly
- How much do I have to pay for my kid?
Answer: Kid below 5 year- Free
From 5 years to 12 years- 30% of the ticket value
Above 12 years- full payment
- Can we get a 2-person tent?
Answer: Yes, if you’ll are joining as a couple
- Is this event happening on private property?
- Are drinks allowed at this event?
Answer: Yes, but you’ll have to bring your own booze
- Is this event pets friendly?
- Is car parking available at the venue?
- How and when will your team coordinate with me?
Answer: We make a WhatsApp group of all the participants, besides, one day before the event and share all the necessary details in it.
- Will I get Jain food?
- Will there be proper washroom facilities on the campsite?
Answer: Yes, there are proper well-constructed western and Indian toilets available at the campsite.
- Will you be providing us with blankets and bedding?