ABOUTIn an urge to do something exciting and atypical? Each season we bring you different flavor and vivid experiences. This monsoon let’s try beautiful beginners trek to one tree hill. This one tree Hill is a part of Mumbaikers paradise Matheran. We will trek to reach One Tree Hill from the unconventional trail from Ambewadi Village. This route is also called the Shivaji ladder route. According to local legend, Shivaji rode up this route on horseback. The already beautiful trek becomes more lovely during monsoon. It has streams flowing through dense forest, beautiful waterfall and everything you’ll ask from a Maharashtrian trek. All the beginners out there, who are searching for an easy trek, to begin with, there is no better option. So, come along join the pack and see how it feels like to be a HikerWolf Dates: 4th Aug 2019 Difficulty Level: Easy (perfect for beginners) Height: 2625 ft above MSL Activities: Trekking
ScheduleBoard the 6:10 am Karjat fast local from CSMT. Train Schedule- Dadar – 6:24 am Ghatkopar – 6:35 am Thane – 6:49 am Kalyan – 7:13 am Karjat- 8:05 am
Enjoying the morning wind and monsoon chill, let’s start our journey towards one tree hill. By 8:30 am we will be reaching Karjat station and after that head to our base village Ambewadi, a village full of greenery and freshness. Let’s have a short introduction and instruction session and move ahead for the trek. We will be reaching the top around 1:30 pm Enjoy the view, surroundings, and lunch We will descend towards Neral. It is again a 4 km walk till Dasturi Naka. Descending will be not as simple as before. It will be filled with different points and views Enroute at Matheran, we will have our refreshments and then back to Mumbai with relaxed souls, a bunch of memories and lots of pictures Note – The above schedule is flexible and produced to give an idea about the event.
- Travel from Karjat to Ambewadi
- Travel from Matheran to Neral
- HikerWolf Expertise
- First Aid
- Mineral water
- Cost of Train Tickets
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
Things to carry
- Trekking Shoes / Sports Shoes
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 liters)
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes and Rainwear
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Identity Proof
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
- Can I join solo?
- How and when will your team coordinate with me?
- How do I join if I am from Pune?
- Is this event kids friendly?
- How much do I have to pay for my kid?
- How do I pay for my kid?
- Are drinks allowed at this trek?
- Will I get Jain food?