The trio of Mahuli, Palasgad, and Bhandargad is easily visible from the Mumbai-Nashik highway near Shahpur town. All these 3 peaks are part of the fort. Palasgad stands on the northern side, Mahuli lies in the middle and Bhandargad stands on the southern side. The topmost peak of this mountain is the highest point of Thane district. Therefore, it is also a popular mountain fort in the Thane district of Maharashtra. The fort lies at an elevation of 2815 feet (858 Meters) above mean sea level.
The Mountain of the fort i.e Mahuli Fort lies amidst Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary. So naturally, it has very dense vegetation around it. Moreover, in the monsoon season, on completion of the Mahuli fort trek, you can see magnificent lush green views of the surrounding region from the top of this fort. In clear weather, you can able see the various mountain peaks of Harishchandragad Fort, Kalsubai, Alang-Madan-Kulang, Matheran Hill Station and Ajoba fort.
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Height: 2815 ft above sea level
Board the 05:12 am Asangaon Slow local from CSMT.
Dadar – 05:30 am
Ghatkopar – 05:46 am
Thane – 06:07 am
Kalyan – 06:40 am
Asangaon – 07:16 am
Note-Participants are expected to be on time HikerWolf will not be responsible if they miss the train by being late or by any chance.
- We start our journey via train as we move ahead to the Base Village.
- We reach our basecamp and have our breakfast.
- Introduction, instructions and start the ascend @ 9:30 am.
- Reach the fort by 1:00 pm.
- Spend some time to explore the fort and we start descending by 2:00 pm.
- Reach back to the base till 4:30 pm and have evening snacks.
- Start our return journey and Reach Mumbai by late evening.
Note – The above Schedule is flexible and produced to give an idea about the Event.
- Local transportation
- Snacks during the trek.
- Evening Snacks.
- First Aid.
- Mineral water.
- Train tickets
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list.
Things to Carry
- Trekking Shoes.
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 litres).
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes and RAINWEAR.
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/rucksack.
- Personal medications, if any.
- Identity Proof.
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
- Can I join solo?
Answer: Of course, you can, we always have people joining solo and they go back home making many new friends.
- How and when will your team coordinate with me?
Answer: We make a WhatsApp group of all the participants, besides, one day before the event and share all the necessary details in it.
- How do I join if I am from Pune?
Answer: If you’re from Pune, kindly meet us at Kalyan station.
- Is this event kids friendly?
Answer: Yes, but you need to take responsibility for your kids.
- How much do I have to pay for my kid?
Answer: Kid below 5 year- Free
From 5 years to 12 years- 30% of the ticket value
Above 12 years- full payment
- How do I pay for my kid?
Answer: You can Google Pay or Paytm us on 9699514240
- Are drinks allowed at this trek?
Answer: Drinks and smoking are strictly prohibited on this trek.
- Will I get Jain food?