You’ve seen it in pictures and videos. You’ve lived it by hearing stories. Now, experience the Ladakh trip for real. Ladakh is the crowning jewel of India and we are on route to the Ladakh trip, friends; If you’ve ever thought that a biting cold desert cannot put your soul to fire, this Ladakh trip will make you realize that you’re wrong.
Ladakh makes even the most laid-back people feel adventurous. Muddy valleys, barren mountains, shining lakes, and blazing sun, makes you feel like you’ve reached a gold mine. The enchanting Tibetan chants, those ‘in the middle of nowhere’ kinda villages, and the best locals with the warmest hearts. If you are planning for a Ladakh tour, you are in for some real magic.
Note: Bikers, we have good news! We have planned a Ladakh bike trip solely for you, for a few days, wherein you get a chance to explore Ladakh on a bike. However, even if you are a non-biker, no need to worry. You too will have an equally amazing time on the Ladakh tour as we have made special vehicle arrangements for non-bikers too. Check the detailed itinerary to know more details.
Batch 1: 7th July 2021
Batch 2: 17th July 2021
Batch 3: 28th July 2021
Batch 4: 7th August 2021
Batch 5: 16th August 2021
Batch 6: 28th August 2021
Batch 7: 7th September 2021
8 nights, 9 days
LADAKH TOUR PACKAGES
For Non-Bikers: ₹3̶4̶0̶0̶0̶/- ₹29999/-
For Bike-Riders with RE 350cc (From Leh to Leh): ₹4̶0̶0̶0̶0̶/- ₹34499/-
Note: If you are sharing the bike, the second person will have to pay ₹29999 only.
- Pay just ₹2000/- to book this trip at a current discounted price and pay the rest 20 days before the trip date.
- We’ve made it easy to change your travel plans up to 20 days before your trip’s departure date.
- You can choose new dates and/or a new destination or get a full refund without any penalty for up to 20 days before the trip date.
Day 1: Arrival at Srinagar
We will pick you up from Srinagar Airport in the afternoon and head to the hotel. Enjoy the panoramic view en-route. Overnight stay at a hotel or houseboat.
Day 2: Srinagar to Kargil | Sonamarg, Zodjila Pass
Post breakfast, leave for Kargil. Visit Sonamarg on the way & cross Zodjila pass to reach Drass Village, the second coldest inhabited place in the world. En route, have a magnificent view of the Kargil war memorial and view the famous Tiger and Tololing peaks from the Vijay war memorial hall site. Reach Kargil by evening. Overnight stay at Kargil.
Day 3: Kargil to Leh | Gaint Living Buddha Sculpture, Lamayuru Monastery, Magnetic Hill etc.
The morning after breakfast leave for Leh, visit Mulbek, Giant Living Buddha Sculpture, Lamayuru Monastery, and enjoy the view of the moon landscape. Also visit the Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Shri Pathar Sahib, and Hall of Fame museum. Reach Leh by afternoon. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 4: Leh to Nubra Valley | Deskit Village, Camel Safari, Bike Trip
After Breakfast check out from the hotel and drive towards Nubra Valley via Khardungla. Bikers can enjoy a bike ride for the next two days, whereas non-bikers can enjoy the Ladakh tour in a private vehicle.
Arrive at Hunder by afternoon. Have lunch at the camp and spend the rest of the day exploring Deskit village. Experience Camel safari amidst the dunes of Deskit and Hunder villages. Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
Day 5: Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake | Deskit Monastery
After Breakfast, visit Deskit Monastery for a magnificent view of the Nubra Valley. Drive towards Pangong lake via Shayok. Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
Day 6: Pangong Lake to Leh | Changla Pass, Hemis Monastery, etc.
Enjoy early sunrise, have breakfast and start the drive to Leh. En route, visit Changla Pass and the famous monasteries of Ladakh: Hemis Monastery, Shey Monastery, and Thiksey Monastery. Check-in and
overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7: Leh to Aryan Valley | Aryan Valley
Head to Aryan valley via Batalik, the most beautiful valley in Ladakh. The rest of the day is free to soak in the beauty of the valley. Overnight stay at Aryan valley.
Day 8: Aryan Valley to Srinagar | Sonamarg
Drive from Aryan valley to Sonamarg, also known as the meadow of gold. Finally, arrive at Srinagar by evening. Overnight stay at Srinagar.
Day 9: Departure from Srinagar | Local Sightseeing in Srinagar
Starting the day early, post breakfast we head out to explore the nearby gardens: Nishat, Shalimar, and Chasmaishahe gardens. We end our trip at 1 pm, transfer to the airport and board the flight back home with a pocket full of memories from the Ladakh trip
- Assistance upon arrival at Srinagar airport.
- Traditional welcome in the hotel with a welcome drink ( hot tea/coffee/kahwa) on arrival.
- 8 Nights Accommodation on a twin sharing basis as per the itinerary
- Breakfast for 8 days
- Dinner for 8 days
- Morning tea/coffee with biscuits on the day of departure.
- Return airport and a round trip along with all sightseeing tours by non-AC vehicles
- Wildlife fees & red cross fees
- Inner line permit for Nubra, Pangong
- Free guidance
- Complete travel assistance from home town to Srinagar and back
- Any airfare
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tour/extra meal ordered.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “ Prices included”.
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument entrances / medical & travel insurance.
- Any changes you may choose to make during your tour/ additional cost due to flight cancelled, roadblocks, etc.
- Bike Fuel
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Dettol/ Savlon
- Headache Medicine
- Dizziness and body pain medicine
- Medicine to suffice lack of oxygen
- Stomach ache medicine
- Sunscreen/ UV protection
- Sunglasses, Cap
- Mustard Oil (for applying in nostrils as it can become dry and painful due to dry and cold winds of Ladakh)
- Lip Balm
- Water/Windproof jacket.
- Nuts etc.
- Woolen Socks
- Light trouser/T-shirt
- Dress in layers as there are sudden fall and rise in temperatures over there.
- Face Wash
- Paper Soap
- Toothbrush and paste
- Wet tissue/Dry tissue
- Government-issued ID-card along with photocopies of it.
- Medical Insurance (if any)
- List of important contacts on a paper in case of phone battery discharge
- The charger of your phone.
- Extra battery for cameras as batteries die quickly in a cold environment.
- Extra memory cards for the camera
- Enough cash as there are long queues at the ATM in Leh.
- Only BSNL post-paid connection works there.
- Torch with extra cells
- Swiss Knife
Can you believe your eyes? You’ve landed in Srinagar, the very first step of your Ladakh trip, after the most picturesque flight ever! Today, the beautiful valley of Kashmir is glittering right in front of you. Srinagar has always been on everyone’s list. But getting to experience the fresh countryside breeze for real isn’t on everyone’s plate. So here my friend, you’re lucky!
As you arrive, we are here to receive you with the warmest hugs ever. Also, first thing first. Your arrival is marked by the episodic meeting and greeting with the most like-minded people you’ve ever come across.
After all, the best thing about traveling is always about the people you start calling friends.
Once we break the ice, it’s time for all of us to head to our hotel. Indulge in the scenic view as we pass along the great valleys. We check in the hotel and conclude the day with excitement and scrumptious food. Enjoy your overnight stay at Srinagar.
Good morning friend! Imagine, what a lovely feeling it must be to wake up in a place that’s closest to heaven. But we’ve just begun; The Leh Ladakh trip gives you the pleasure of travelling from one paradise to another for 9 days straight. Today on our Ladakh trip, after having breakfast, we gear up for one of the most scenic drives ever. The entire journey will be about getting to know each other better and simultaneously getting lost in the beautiful valley. We have fun, we laugh and make memories under the sun.
Ladakh trip offers one of the most memorable experiences in the lap of nature. The drive will be a dramatic transformation from the lush green picturesque valley of Sonamarg to a rugged yet beauteous landscape of Kargil and Dras. Today, we also get to embrace the chilly air of the second coldest inhabited place in the world after Siberia- Dras!
The harsh and arid landscape gives a perfect background to a Ladakhi signboard that welcomes you to the quaint village, which is also known as the “Gateway to Ladakh”. En route, we make a quick visit to the Kargil war memorial and witness the magnificent sight of the Tiger and Tololing peaks. The day ends by checking in to a hotel in Kargil. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
The Leh Ladakh trip not only gives you the essence of chilling snow blankets, hilly terrain but it is also a paradise solely to content your heart and of course, offer some unmatched view. Following breakfast, we begin our drive to Leh, the prime town in Ladakh. We drive through the Suru Valley, where small patches of terrace-cultivation and the best group of fellow travellers give you company.
The entire route passes through lines of mammoth mountains. They are so barren that the scenery reminds you of a desert. Today, we’re also in for a jackpot as En route we cross Mulbek and visit the Giant Living Buddha Sculpture on the rocky mountain.
Besides, we get to visit the enchanting Lamayuru monastery, which is one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh. Not just that, we also enjoy the view of the beautiful Moon Landscape, experience the weirdest scientific phenomenon of the Magnetic Hill & visit Gurudwara Shri Pathar Sahib along with the Hall of Fame museum.
The beautiful drive soon brings us to Leh by afternoon, where we check-in at our hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel in Leh.
Another day, another piece of heaven! Ladakh tour offers a panoramic view like never before, the cold heavenly breathtaking view of the valley is something to admire forever. This day is going to be a treat to your senses. A day when all of us enjoy a moment of pride as we drive through the highest motorable road in the world, the Khardung La pass, located at a lofty elevation of 18,379ft.
But wait, guys, we have a HUGE surprise for you all! BIKERS- do you hear us? Bikers will set on an expedition to unravel the Terrain of Ladakh via the Bike for the next two days on our Ladakh trip. Bikers get a chance to explore the valley on a BIKE! Yes. Isn’t it like a dream come true? We are sure that every biker has this aspiration of riding a bike through Ladakh one day. Ladakh bike trip offers you an opportunity to take on the roads of this rustic and rough destination. We are translating this dream into a reality!
PS – There is something really beautiful about the Ladakh bike trip that you will surely get lost in the surrounding view, but it will be fun too.
But why should bikers have all the fun? For non-bikers too, the fun is
immense and equally grand. For the crazy travel enthusiasts who are non-bikers but love road trips, we have a special arrangement for you all in this Ladakh trip. Together, we will advance on a two-day long journey and make memories for a lifetime.
As we arrive at Hunder by afternoon, we engage in the most delicious lunch at the camp. Hunder is a quiet village in the midst of Nubra Valley, a valley that separates the majestic Ladakh and Karakoram mountain ranges. This is also the valley through which the ancient Silk route passes. After lunch, one is free to hike with the most free-spirited group of travellers and explore the nearby areas. You can visit the quaint little Deskit Village & experience a world-famous double hump camel safari on the Himalayan dunes! At night, we light up the bonfire and have dinner with fellow travellers.
We can bet, the memories made in this happening and pulchritudinous Ladakh tour with such a happening group under the starry skies are going to get etched in your hearts forever. And we can’t be happier. At night, we gather over delicious dinner and enjoy our overnight stay amidst the valley.
Good morning pal. Welcome to another day filled with awesomeness. As soon as we fill our tummies with the tastiest breakfast, we visit Deskit Monastery, a place where the entire panorama of Nubra Valley comes into full view. Imagine, just you and us, with arms wide upon in the dazzling valley, right in the middle of nowhere. Ah! Them feels.
After breakfast, we say goodbye to the valley as now we get ready for a drive to the scenic and enchanting high altitude Pangong Lake, shining like a diamond at an elevation of 14,270ft. The name literally means “Pass towards the South” or “Pass in the South”. Pangong is perhaps one of the most enthralling lakes in Asia, which changes its colour 4 to 5 times a day.
The evening is meant for soaking in the shivery air and enjoying the breathtaking view of Pangong Lake. Overnight stay at the camps at Pangong Lake. Doesn’t that sound awesome?
Hola! Wake up, friend. It’s time to open your eyes and witness the most stunning sights you’ve ever witnessed. Pangong Lake shines like gold during sunrise. And we aren’t kidding. The cold biting winds, the barren wallpaper-like mountains, the sun peeping from behind, and a wonderful group of friends. You’ll feel so lucky to be alive today.
As soon as we finish breakfast, we drive back to Leh. Today, we also visit the Changla pass. Claimed to be the third-highest motorable road in the world, it breathes beauty and serenity.
On reaching Leh, we dig deeper into the soul of the Land of Lamas- as we visit the splendid monasteries and other local spots in Ladakh. We visit the famous Hemis Monastery, Shey Monastery, and the Thiksey Monastery in Leh. The entrancing prayers of the monasteries certainly cast a magical spell on anyone and everyone in the vicinity. Ladakhi monasteries are a symbol of monks living in harmony with nature. Their solitary way of lifestyle is what makes their culture so attractive.
Time to say goodbye to the bikes. We are glad that we could set you on a memorable Leh Ladakh trip via bike and we could help you tick a dream off your travel goals. So hey, let’s fall in love with the best memories made in the last two days, as now we part with our bikes. But don’t worry friend, there’s another surprise that’s awaiting you the following day. By evening, we check-in at a hotel in Leh. Overnight stay in Leh
Today happens to be one of the most exciting days on our Leh Ladakh trip; we shall take the road not taken. We drive to the mystical Aryan Valley of Kargil via Batalik. Once you reach the valley, you’re sure to rub your eyes again and again as the beauty is intoxicating and blurs your senses entirely. This is the day when you get to run around in the lap of the most beautiful valley in Ladakh. The Aryan Valley is home to a unique Buddhist tribe called Brokpas. With only 4 villages left in the world, they can be considered a one-of-a-kind race that offers never-heard-before experiences. Overnight stay at Aryan Valley, undeniably the true heaven on earth.
Good morning! Time to say ‘See you again to the most dazzling valley in Ladakh. As soon as we grab our breakfast, we vroom towards the meadow of gold, Sonamarg. Today’s drive is meant for the unexplored landscapes of Ladakh, before finally arriving at Sonamarg. The surrounding peaks playing hide and seek from behind the clouds and the misty scenes is what makes the beauty of the valley so alluring. The drive is another example of witnessing the landscape gradually changing from striking and barren to soothing and green. There won’t be a single moment throughout the drive when you’d feel the need to stare away from the window.
After crossing Sonamarg, we end our day at Srinagar. Check-in at our hotel in Srinagar and call it a day.
Today on our, we shall visit some well sought after gardens of Srinagar: the Nishat, Shalimar and Cheshmashahi gardens. These gardens give you the feel of a real fairy tale. Everywhere you look, the flowers are radiating beauty. Once we get to lose our minds in the fragrance of beautiful flowers, we shall head towards Dal Lake.
Also, we are going to witness one of the best parts of the Ladakh tour package. Today’s highlight is going to be the Shikara ride on the heavenly Dal Lake. Dal Lake is rightly called the Heart of Srinagar for its alluring surroundings. And sailing through a boat on crystal clear waters of Dal Lake will surely make you feel blessed about nature’s gift.
Aww! We’re standing on the last day of our Ladakh trip. It’s finally, time to say goodbye to the enchanting sight of glaciers, mountains, bottlenecked roads and the supercalifragilistic expialidocious set of humans. So hey, breathe in the last remnants of the mountain air as we pack our bags to board the flight back to Mumbai.
But no worries friend. The Ladakh tour might be over. But we’re heading back with the best memories ever. As they say- “They make
friends over coffee, but we make friends over the bonfire.” Hope we cross paths soon. Until then, we cherish the memories we made. fo
Yes, we have many Solo Trippers on all our trips. The Leh Ladakh tour is planned in such a way that you will not only enjoy the trip but also make new friends.
We prefer to have a group of 15-30 people on our Leh Ladakh trip as we intend to have more fun and give personal care to everyone, also it is much more fun to travel with a like-minded group of people. Small tour group makes it possible for everyone to know their tourmates better and the whole trip experience is more fun-filled.
On the Leh Ladakh trip, you will be accompanied by our travel coordinators. All our events are led and hosted by professional travel coordinators who have good experiences in managing groups and conducting various team-building games and activities.
This type of team-building games and activities helps like-minded travelers to mix up, make new friends and enjoy every moment of the Leh Ladakh tour.
Yes, we generally have many girls joining us on our trips so there are high chances that you are not the only girl on the Leh Ladakh trip. The majority of our staff are girls & girls safety is of prime importance to us. We assure you that you will be with safe and reliable people on the Leh Ladakh Tour.
We provide dual sharing accommodation at all our stays on the Leh Ladakh trip. Our stay is located at just the apt location with views of the snowy hills, glacial lakes, camping under the stars. We are also providing luxurious houseboat stays in Srinagar.
The Aryan valley is an offbeat place where the authentic Ladakhi culture exists.
It is one of the most unexplored places in Leh Ladakh where the culture is being followed religiously for 1000s of years. It is home to a unique Buddhist tribe named Dard tribes. On our entry to the village we will be treated with a beautiful view of freshwater gushing through the farms and trees, as the valley is located at a lesser elevation than the rest of Leh it has vegetation. We will explore the cultural heritage of the Dard tribes and you will get to interact with them and spend some time with them in their home. You will get to learn about the intricacies of the Aryan people. The Aryans have an imperial history, some say they are a direct descendant of Alexander the Great’s army. If we are lucky we will also get to enjoy their festivals and their religious functions.
Generally, accommodation is provided on a dual-sharing basis. If there is an odd number of people, then there would be a triple exchange. If there is a couple, we can give them a separate room (If you’re a couple, inform us once you have booked).
Yes, the Leh Ladakh trip is limited to people up to the age of 35 years. Travelers need to be within the age limit on the trip departure date to be eligible to join. We strictly follow this age criterion, and can not make any exceptions.
We feel that a narrow age group leads to better experiences for our travelers when they visit a destination and the whole trip experience is more fun since people are on the same wavelength. Plus, it is always great when people make friends and keep in touch later.
The best month for a Leh Ladakh Trip is from May to August as the temperature stays comparatively warmer. Hues of snow are spread across the region and it provides a magnificent view. Also, one can enjoy Buddhist festivals such as Hemis Festival which usually occur in June-July. Even the Pangong Lake starts melting, revealing its beauty.
Yes, we keep an oxygen cylinder with us at all times in case of an emergency.
Yes, you should bring extra cash with you as Leh is the last town with an ATM and there are long queues for the ATM and availability of cash is also less.
HikerWolf’s Leh Ladakh tour package consists of places that will surely leave you magnetizing. The Leh Ladakh trip is planned to maximize the fun and sightseeing in Leh Ladakh.
On day 2 of our Leh Ladakh tour package while traveling from Srinagar to Kargil we will visit Kargil, Sonamarg, cross Zodjila pass to reach Drass Village the second coldest inhabited place in the world, Vijay war memorial hall site, view the famous Tiger and Tololing peaks.
On day 3 of our Leh Ladakh tour package while traveling from Kargil to Leh we will visit Mulbek, Giant Living Buddha Sculpture, Lamayuru Monastery, also view the moon landscape, Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Shri Pathar Sahib, and Hall of Fame museum.
On day 4 of our Leh Ladakh tour package while traveling from Leh to Nubra Valley we will explore Nubra valley and explore Deskit village.
On day 2 of our Leh Ladakh tour package while traveling from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake we will visit Deskit Monastery Changla Pass, Hemis Monastery, Shey Monastery, Thiksey Monastery, Aryan valley. Explore gardens such as Nishat, Shalimar, and Chasmaishahe gardens and lastly sightseeing in Srinagar. Be assured your Leh Ladakh tour is going to be an absolute blast.
- In the midst of panoramic mountain views, we immerse in the Shikara ride while the nearby boats surprise us with a delicious kebab or two
- In the midst of a strikingly golden Nubra Valley, we enjoy a luxury stay and make friendships under the twinkling Milky Way
- In the midst of Lamayuru’s enchanting hues, we click the most picturesque photos and capture every corner of the moon-like view
- In the midst of Distik monastery’s Tibetan chants, we lose ourselves and make memories underneath the striking blue skies
- In the midst of beautiful sand dunes, we enjoy a double hump camel ride and sing to our favourite tunes
- In the midst of breezy high-altitude highways, we cross the highest motorable pass and celebrate like we never may
- In the midst of endless white, we walk hand in hand through the Aryan Valley and feel ourselves going back in time
- In the midst of empty roads, we witness the craziest scientific phenomenon of the Magnetic Hill and dance loads
- In the midst of faraway hills, we watch the most sparkling waters of Pangong change its color that will surely give us thrills
You will enjoy the bike ride for 3 days, from Leh to Leh. Bikers will enjoy the breezy air and the chilling atmosphere of Leh Ladakh all the while vrooming on their bikes. Discover the heavenly land of Ladakh on the bike and experience its glorious thrill. Non-bikers will enjoy the Leh Ladakh tour on a private vehicle.
We have planned the Leh Ladakh bike trip for 3 days only because, majority of our trippers are not long-distance bikers, and biking continuously for 9-10 days at high altitudes becomes hectic. We have added the biking option at only those places which are best for sightseeing on a bike in Leh Ladakh. After completion of the 3 days Leh Ladakh bike trip, you can go back to the comfort of the tempo traveler.
The Leh Ladakh bike trip will begin from Leh.
- On the 4th day of the Leh Ladakh tour, we will begin the Leh Ladakh bike trip on a Royal Enfield 350 CC, we will cover Hunder village, explore Deskit Village, and arrive at Nubra valley.
- On day five of the Leh Ladakh tour, we will cross the Deskit village, pass over Pangong lake via Shayok.
- The next day on our journey, we will view the magnificent Nubra valley, melting snow peaks, and the stunning landscape of Leh Ladakh. We ride back to Leh and end the amazing Leh Ladakh bike trip, and the bikers can move to the comfort of the tempo traveler.
The Leh Ladakh bike trip is surely going to be a surreal experience.
Highlights of Our Leh Ladakh bike trip are:
-We journey through the unknown land of Leh Ladakh with strangers who we feel that we’ve always known
-We experience the most sought-after bike ride and explore the island full of beauty, endless and wide
-We witness the most colorful sunset, the most vibrant land, a scene so beautiful that our souls won’t be satisfied yet on our bikes.
-We forget our stress on the bike ride while laughing like crazy with our teeth wide
-We visit and view the famous places of Leh Ladakh, riding in the chilly air with an amazing view in our serenity is a blessed feeling and this is exactly what we will explore on the Leh Ladakh bike trip.
We will be using a Royal Enfield 350 cc bike on the Leh Ladakh bike trip. You can also choose any other bike available with their respective additional cost as follows:
- Royal Enfield Standard 500 CC- Around ₹1000 extra for 3 days
- Royal Enfield Himalayan 411CC- Around ₹2000 extra for 3 days
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 CC- Around ₹3000 extra for 3 days
The best part of this Leh Ladakh tour package are as follows:
- You get to discover the wanderer in you while roaming on the land of magic.
- You will visit the famous monasteries of Ladakh such as Hemis Monastery, Shey Monastery, Thiksey monastery.
- Ladakh is where myths meet science, visit Magnetic hill, Giant Living Buddha Sculpture. Spend the night at the beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Visit Aryan Valley, the most beautiful valley in all of Ladakh. Soak the beauty of the valley..Best of all; enjoy the Leh Ladakh tour on a two-day bike trip. HikerWolf’s 3 days Leh Ladakh bike trip is nothing like you have ever experienced. Discover the beautiful valley and landscape while feeling the refreshing breeze of Leh Ladakh,
The cost of the HikerWolfs Leh Ladakh tour package is as follows:
-For people opting for the 3 days Ladakh bike trip (Leh to Leh), the cost is ₹34499/-.
-For Non-Bikers the Leh Ladakh trip cost is ₹29999/- .
Note: If you are sharing the bike, the second person will have to pay ₹29999 only/-.
Yes, we will have an arrangement for a campfire in Nubra and Pangong where we will be camping. Campfire jam, chill dance, and soothing music sessions are our specialities. We will have an amazing time sharing stories and relaxing around the bonfire on our Leh Ladakh trip.
Yes, breakfast and Dinner for 8 days are included in the Leh Ladakh tour package.
Yes, the route for the HikerWolf’s Leh Ladakh bike trip is as follows:
Leh – Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake – Leh. The Leh Ladakh bike trip is scheduled for 3 days and we will cover some of the most beautiful lands of Ladakh. Riding over the picturesque lands of Leh Ladakh is truly magnetizing.
The list of clothes/things you should carry for the Leh Ladakh tour is as follows:
- Sports shoes in summer. Insulated shoes in winter
- Windcheater Jacket/ Heavy windproof jacket
- Inner thermals (2 pairs minimum)
- Insulating socks (2 pair minimum)
- Comfortable travel pants/ trekking pants
- Balaclava/ Monkey cap
- Hand gloves
- Extra pair of shoes/gumboots (for bike riders)
After selecting the Leh Ladakh trip on the HikerWolf website, click the Book now button, select the dates and make your payment. You will get an auto-generated receipt on the email submitted by you. You can also contact us if you have any difficulty, we will guide you through the booking process.
26. Will we be assisted in planning travel from our hometown to the meeting point mentioned in your Leh Ladakh tour package?
Yes, we will provide you with complete assistance in planning your travel from your hometown to the Leh Ladakh tour’s meeting point. You are free to choose any mode of transportation, be it train, flight or bus as per your budget and convenience.
Yes, the Camel safari is included in the Leh Ladakh tour package. Camel safari is a must-do activity in Ladakh. The Bactrian Camel (one of the only two species of a camel) has a thick fur for surviving the harsh climates of Ladakh. Enjoying the phenomenal landscape view while on the camel is an out-of-the-world experience. Camel safari in the exotic Nubra Valley is surely thrilling, don’t forget to take tons of candids with your camel in this picturesque valley.
We will be using vehicles like Tempo Traveler, Inova, Bikes, etc. for transportation for the Leh Ladakh tour.
Yes, a first-aid kit will be available with us all-time on the Leh Ladakh Tour. We make sure that we have a first-aid kit ready on all our trips.
Internet speed is good in Leh and the surrounding region, However, as we move further ahead the speed goes on decreasing. 4G internet services in the main town of Ladakh are good but the coverage decreases as we near Deskit, Hunder, etc.
Yes, there are ATMs in the main city of Ladakh. However, it is advisable to carry enough cash as there are long queues for ATMs and the availability of cash is also less.
Yes, if you have a group of more than 10 people for the Leh Ladakh trip we can arrange the trip especially for your group on your preferred date.
The distance between Leh from Srinagar is around 418 km via the Srinagar – Leh highway.
Yes, Leh Ladakh is safe for couples. Ladakh is a romantic place to travel, so traveling as a couple is a good option. The beautiful valleys, lakes, icy peaks, heaves of snow make for a beautiful view.
Yes, couples can join the Leh Ladakh group trip. We only take cool-minded & decent people on our trips who are focused on enjoying the trip and do not misbehave or make others uncomfortable. You will not only enjoy the trip but also feel comfortable and make many new friends during the trip. Also, we provide dual sharing stays on our Leh Ladakh trip to make sure that couples feel comfortable.
Yes, Leh Ladakh is a safe place for tourists. The places included in the HikerWolf’s tour package are far beyond the political chaos. Although the terrain is challenging, the tour is completely safe and full of adventure. We have been regularly visiting the places mentioned in our Leh Ladakh tour package as every year we have multiple batches. All the places included in our Leh Ladakh package are completely safe for tourists.
Yes, Leh Ladakh is a good place for your honeymoon. Some of the best places to visit for your honeymoon in Leh Ladakh are:
- Magnetic hill – Drive to the magnetic hill is unlike any other. Magnetic Hill is famous for dragging the car on its own and that too upwards against gravity. Experience this exhilarating ride on the Leh Ladakh tour.
- Nubra Valley – Surrounded by mountains, this picturesque valley serves as the perfect backdrop for amazing candids and a romantic experience. Moreover, the camel ride on the dunes is truly exciting. It is a must-do activity in Ladakh.
- Pangong Lake – Famous backdrop for Bollywood films, this lake has clear water and the valley is truly magnetizing. The view of the clear sky, snowy peaks is truly majestic.
- Tso Moriri – Tso Moriri is a great place to spend a night. The view is truly magnificent and it is also in proximity to many monasteries. You might also spot wildlife here.
- Khardungla pass – Riding through the Khardungla pass is an exotic experience, the routes are thrilling for bikers and perfect for couples who love bike riding.
You can reach Leh from Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore via the following ways.
- Option 1: The fastest way to reach Leh from Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore is to take a flight to Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport.
- Option 2: You can also arrive at Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Delhi by train and then take a flight to Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport. Or you can take a road trip to Leh from Delhi through the Leh – Manali Highway (962.2 km)
- Option 3: You can also arrive at Srinagar airport and take a road trip to Leh. The best way to reach Leh from Srinagar via road is to take the 434km long Srinagar – Leh highway, which is also called NH-1D.
You can take a flight from Delhi to Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport to reach Leh. Or you can go on a road trip from Delhi to Leh via Leh – Manali highway, the distance is around 962km and you will take around 24hrs to complete the road trip.
Endurance plays a bigger role than fitness in Ladakh. The following exercises should help you:
- Start jogging or cardio exercises 5/ 6 times a week for 20 mins, this will increase your air intake capacity, which is required for the high altitudes of Ladakh.
- Do push-ups, squats, abs exercises to keep your muscles toned. As you will require muscle strength to endure the long-distance travel and bike ride.
- Cut down on sugar and junk food, start eating healthy.
- Follow the above rules religiously for at least 2 months before the trip.
The Leh Ladakh bike trip is a dream every biker aspires. And so we need a suitable bike that can endure the rough conditions and provide us with the best biking experience. Here is a list of bikes that are best suited for the rough terrain of Leh Ladakh.
- Hero Xpulse 200 – It has shorter gearing, and high torque which is perfect to assist you in climbing steep slopes, and also river crossings. Add to it, its high ground clearance, low weight, long-travel suspension, and spoke wheels with dual-purpose tires suit perfectly for the Leh Ladakh bike trip.
- Royal Enfield 350 cc/ Classic 350cc – RE 350 cc has simply been the preferred choice for tourists. These bikes have a simpler fix and simple components if anything goes wrong. The classic 350 is more suited because of its comfortable seating.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan – this bike was solely built for the Himalayas, Its long-travel suspension setup and large spoke wheels with dual-purpose tires make it easy to tackle broken roads, steep slopes, rough terrain, and river crossings.
- Bajaj Dominar 400 – It has 157mm ground clearance, its second generation is much more powerful, comfortable, and has rich features. With a few modifications, it will be suited for the Leh Ladakh tour package.
- KTM Duke – Dual sport tires and long-travel shocks make it fun to ride on dirt tracks. Its powerful engine can handle steep inclines, river crossings, rough roads. With a few modifications, it will suit the Leh Ladakh bike tour.
- Avenger – Also tagged as one of the most comfortable bikes for long journeys. Its powerful engine can handle steep slopes and bad roads, it also has a huge fuel tank and good mileage.
The temperature can vary anywhere from 25 °C in the day to 5°C at night. At higher altitudes, the temperature will drop significantly.
The temperature can vary anywhere from 6°C -10°C in the day to -5°C at night. At higher altitudes, the temperature will drop significantly.
Yes, Leh is located at an altitude of 10000 feet above sea level, so the oxygen level is low as compared to that of lower levels.
Yes, your children can accompany you on the Leh Ladakh tour as long as they don’t have any medical condition and are at least 24 months.
Yes, Ladakh is one of the safest places for female solo travelers, In recent times many women are traveling solo to Leh Ladakh.
The language spoken in Leh Ladakh is the Tibetan language. It is the predominant language spoken in the Buddhist-dominated district of Leh.
You must carry a valid driving license, photo ID proof, address proof. Make sure that you carry multiple copies of the documents to travel hassle-free throughout Ladakh.
If you are a regular biker then Leh Ladakh is one of the best places for you to go on a bike trip. But if you are not used to long-distance biking and still want to enjoy the biking experience in Ladakh then you should go for the 3 days biking option from Leh to Leh. The Leh -Nubra- Pangong is the best and the most scenic route to enjoy the Leh Ladakh bike trip. In the HikerWolf’s Leh Ladakh tour package you have the option to go back to the tempo traveler for the rest of the trip after 3 days of biking.
Some of the must-try dishes of Leh Ladakh are as follows:
- Ladakhi Pulao: Ladakhi Pulao has a different feel and look to it. Not only does it have a subtle look but it also has an amazing taste. The dish is quite common in Ladakh and it is also fairly popular among the locals.
- Thupka: Thupka is also known as the staple food of the Leh Ladakh, it is a soup with a mixture of amazing ingredients such as vegetables, pork, etc. It indeed has an amazing taste and when served chutney the taste increases thousand times.
- Momos: Momos are the speciality of Leh. They come in different shapes and have a special zing to them. Momos are a must-try when in Ladakh.
- Cholak: This is one of the most famous dishes in the entire Ladakh region. The look and the feel of the noodles are fantastic and the taste will surely please your taste buds.
- Skew: This soup is as tasty as it looks and the added veggies on it make it much more appetizing.
Yes, most of the internal roads of Leh Ladakh are open even in winter and there is less traffic too, but the temperature can range from -20C, the temperature can become highly unbearable, and therefore it is advisable to avoid visiting Leh Ladakh in winter.
Yes, rainfall is scarce in Leh Ladakh as Ladakh is also known as a cold desert, The average number of rain days in a year is about 10-15 days.
Yes, you do need a separate permit if you are traveling to Leh Ladakh. Inner Line Permit is required for places such as Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri, Tangyar Trek, etc. The permit is required only for traveling in and out of Leh Ladakh and not staying in Leh. However, HikerWolf arranges all the necessary permits for its trippers so that you can have a hassle-free experience.
Leh Ladakh has great diversity in flora, fauna, and animal life. Hemis National Park is located in Ladakh, it is the largest national park in South Asia, and it is the only national park north of the Himalayas in India. It is home to many endangered species including the snow leopards. Apart from it, there are more than 225 species of animals found in Ladakh. Snow leopards, Bacterian Camel, Wild Yak, Marmot, Brown Bear, Red Fox, Lync, Red Deer, etc, are some of the animals found here. Golden Eagle, Bearded Vulture, Black Necked Crane, Bar Headed Goose, etc, are some of the birds found here.
No, Magnetic hill is completely safe in fact, it is a must-try destination when in Ladakh.
The phenomenon of the Magnetic hill is nothing but an optical illusion. Due to which it looks like objects are moving upwards but in reality, the place is downhill causing the objects to ‘roll down’ instead of getting drawn towards the hill.
For more info about the Magnetic hill read our blog: https://www.hikerwolf.com/magnetic-hill-ladakh-complete-travel-guide/
The following precaution must be taken to deal with altitude sickness.
- Before ascending towards the higher altitude, spend a couple of days in the Indus valley and get accustomed to the low oxygen levels of Ladakh.
- Avoid ascending more than 500 meters for the initial days.
- Also, bring your medication with you and rest whenever necessary
- Drink lots and lots of water.
Yes, the route for the Leh Ladakh bike trip is completely safe. However, the road can sometimes be challenging due to rough terrain and slippery roads hence exercise caution during the Ladakh bike trip.
Yes, there are several monasteries in Leh Ladakh, the monasteries are famed for being one of the oldest Buddhist learning centers in the world. Some of the famous monasteries of Ladakh are as follows.
- Hemis Monastery
- Spituk Monastery
- Thiksey Monastery
- Alchi Monastery
- Stok Gompa and Palace
- Shey Gompa and Palace
- Phyang Monastery.
Yes, a visit to several monasteries during the HikerWolf’s Leh Ladakh trip. The monasteries we will be visiting are as follows:
Lamayuru Monastery, Deskit Monastery, Hemis Monastery, Shey Monastery, and Thiksey Monastery.
Yes, oxygen cylinders are available for rent in Leh Ladakh, however, the rent prices of the cylinders are a bit higher compared to major cities like Delhi. Therefore it is advisable to rent an oxygen cylinder from cities like Delhi for the Leh Ladakh tour.
Yes, Leh Ladakh is nothing less than heaven on earth. Ladakh not only has magnetizing backdrops, geographical wonders, rich cultural heritage but also abundant flora and fauna. The land rightly serves as a popular tourist site.
You have multiple opportunities to go adventurous here. One can go trekking, biking, camping, camel safari in the dunes, and all this amid the scenic background. Visit monasteries, pristine lakes and play with heaps of snow. Leh Ladakh has everything that one can wish for. Everyone should visit Ladakh at least once in their lifetime.
Yes, Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is the nearest airport to Leh. It is a distance of 5km from the main city and is well connected to the major city airports.
Yes, Ladakh is open in October. The main tourist places of Leh Ladakh such as Thiksey Monastery, Shey Palace, Shanti Stupa, Hemis Monastery, Leh Palace, etc, are open in October. The temperature of Leh Ladakh varies from 10°C – 12 °C in the day and 0°C – 5°C.
Many tourists choose to explore Leh Ladakh in October.
The road condition of the highway connecting Leh from Manali is in great condition. The 475 km long road is famous among adventure lovers. One will ride over the varied landscape viewing the scenic beauty surrounding the highway. However, in the winter season, the hills receive heavy snowfall, which may affect the road condition.
Ladag Apricot Store, Ladakhi Ornaments, Pashmina Shawls, And Woollens Tibetan Handicrafts are the thing you can buy from Leh.
Yes, almost all hotels accept credit cards however, they charge extra charges on transactions.
Excluding the to and fro traveling to Leh Ladakh you will require at least 10 days to explore through the villages, valleys, monasteries, and hills of Leh Ladakh. On the HikerWolf’s Leh Ladakh tour we will explore the famous tourist places of Leh Ladakh such as Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, Deskit Village, various monasteries of Ladakh, and many more exciting places. We also cover some offbeat and less explored places like Aryan Valley so that you can see the real Ladakh. You will get to see the local culture, see how they live in the villages, what they eat, what they do for a living, etc.
When you are on the Leh Ladakh trip you should not do the following things.
- Do not harm the abundant flora and fauna of Leh Ladakh.
- Do not harm the wildlife of Leh Ladakh.
- Avoid drinking alcohol on the Leh Ladakh Tour.
- Do not carry plastic bags as plastic bags are banned in Leh Ladakh.
- Do not ignore Mountain sickness symptoms
- Do not litter
- Do not go sightseeing without an inner line permit.
- Avoid wearing short clothes such as sleeveless tops, shorts, etc, especially in Buddhist Gompas.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water.