ABOUT KALSUBAI TREK
Kalsubai with a height of 1646m [5400 Feet] is the highest peak in Maharashtra. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Kalsubai Trek is extremely famous, hence effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Kalsubai trek not only rewards mesmerizing view but also there is a symbolic temple at the top. From the top of Mount Kalsubai, one can get a great view of the Bhandardara Lake and Wilson dam.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
ENDURANCE LEVEL NEEDED FOR THE KALSUBAI TREK: Easy
HEIGHT OF KALSUBAI SHIKHAR: 5400 ft.
- 27 Aug 2022
- 03 Sep 2022
- 10 Sep 2022
Note: We are leaving for the base camp on Saturday Night.
Note: The above offer is valid only for 1st 10 bookings of each batch
NOTE: Block your seat at just ₹500/- and pay the rest 5 days before the event date.
Train schedule and reporting time:
Board the 8:44 PM Kasara Train from CST (You can board the same train from any other station on the central line)
- CSMT- 08:35 pm (08:44 pm train time)
- Byculla- 08:40 pm (08:51 pm train time)
- Dadar- 08:50 pm (08:58 pm train time)
- Kurla- 08:55 pm (09:07 pm train time)
- Ghatkopar- 09:00 pm (09:11 pm train time)
- Mulund- 09:10 pm (09:22 pm train time)
- Thane- 09:15 pm (09:26 pm train time)
- Dombivali- 09:30 pm (09:42 pm train time)
- Kalyan- 09:40 pm (09:52 pm train time)
- Kasara – 11:04 pm
Note: Request you to be on time as we shall not be responsible in case you miss your train by any chance.
Reach Kasara Station by 11:04 PM meet our fellow travellers & take local transportation to Kalsubai trek Base Village
Reach Kalsubai trek Base Village at 05.00 am approximate. Rest for some time. Enjoy the bonfire.
Breakfast and freshen up. Commencement of the Kalsubai trek after briefing and a short introduction.
Reach Kalsubai peak by noon approx. Spend some time relaxing on the top and have some snacks.
Start descending from the Kalsubai Peak around 1.00 pm and reach the base village.
Enjoy a heavy meal and depart to Mumbai by 5 pm approx.
Reach Mumbai by 10:00 pm with lots of memories of the Kalsubai trek
- Road Transportation from Kasara to Kalsubai trek base village & Back
- Snacks during the trek
- HikerWolf expert trek leader
- First Aid
- 5% GST
- Train tickets from Mumbai to Kasara and Back
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Shoes (compulsory)
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2ltr)
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Identity Proof
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
Note: Do not carry any valuables. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. We will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance
1. Is Kalsubai Trek safe for Solo Travellers and Female Travellers?
Yes, we have many Solo trekkers joining us on all our treks. The Kalsubai trek at HikerWolf is planned in such a way that you will not only enjoy the trek but also make new friends.
2. How will we travel to go on the Kalsubai Trek from Mumbai?
Trekkers joining from Mumbai will board a pre-decided local train from Mumbai to Kasara and get down at Kasara station. We will meet at a Kasara station and take Local SUV cars from Kasara to the Kasubai base village.
3. How to reach Kalsubai Trek from Pune?
Trekkers joining from Pune will come down to Kalyan via train. And board a pre-decided local train from Kalyan to Kasara and get down at Kasara station. We will meet at a Kasara station and take Local SUV cars from Kasara to the Kasubai base village.
4. What is Kalsubai famous for?
Kalsubai Shikhar stands as the highest mountain peak in Maharashtra. Profoundly known as the Everest of Maharashtra, it is famous for the magnificent bird view of several mountain ranges, emerald green meadows, streams, as well as rocky terrains, making Kalsubai a cherished and must-visit trekking destination for trekkers, photographers, and nature lovers. The temple perched on the Kalsubai Shikhar stands as a central attraction for devotees from across Maharashtra
5. Who will accompany us on the Kalsubai Trek?
On the Kalusbai trek, you will be accompanied by our trek leader. All our treks are led and hosted by professional trek leaders who have good experiences in managing groups and conducting various team-building games and activities.
This type of team-building games and activities helps like-minded trek to mix up, make new friends, and enjoy every moment of the trek.
6. Will we be provided Jain food on the Kalsubai?
Yes, Jain Food will be provided. Please make sure to inform us in the WhatsApp group which will be made for coordination.
7. What is the group size for the Kalsubai Trek?
For the Kalsubai trek, we prefer to have a group of 15-30 people. We believe that smaller groups of people can connect easily and have lots of fun together.
8. Are PickUp and Drop facilities available from Pune/Mumbai to Kalsubai?
No, Pickup and drop facility from Mumbai/Pune is provided in package but participants joining from Mumbai/Pune can easily reach Kasara station via train or any other means of transportation and we will provide you pick up and drop facilities from Kasara station and back.
9. What is the total trek distance of Kalsubai Trek From the base village to the Kalusbai peak?
The trek distance of the Kalsubai trek From the base village (Bari) to the Kalusbai peak is over 6.6 kilometres.
10. What is the difficulty level of the Kalsubai Trek?
On the difficulty level scale, the Kalsubai Trek is marked as an easy to moderately difficult trek. As a popular trekking destination, it is instilled with steel ladders, iron railings, as well as chains, making it a safe and comfortable trekking experience.
11. What is the best time to go for Kalsubai Trek?
The pleasant winter months from November to March mark the best time to go for the Kalsubai trek. The region also witnesses tourists during the monsoon season as the mountain blooms in lush greenery and flowers and presents a picturesque view.
12. Will we camp for the night stopover at Kalsubai Trek?
No, it is a day trek and thus we will not have a night stopover. Most trekkers prefer to enjoy the Kalsubai trekking experience during the day due to an enamouring sunrise view to the beautiful valleys, waterfalls, wildlife sanctuary, as well as the Kalsubai temple, the peak is best explored in the golden sunny hours. Trekkers, however, also cherish the sublime stargazing experience at the peak. This makes the Kalsubai night trek an exquisite experience too.
13. Are toilets available during Kalsubai Trek Route?
No, Toilets or refreshment stops are not available on the Kalsubai trek route and thus it is advised for trekkers to freshen up at the base village before commencing the trek.
14. How is the mobile connectivity on the Kalsubai trek?
Due to its remote location and high altitude, mobile networks are only scantly available on the Kalsubai Trek. At the Kalsubai Shikhar, more specifically, it is difficult to get 3G or 4G connectivity.
15. Are any meals included in this Kalsubai Trek Package?
Yes, breakfast and lunch are included in the HikerWolf Kalsubai package.
16. What kind of food do we get during the Kalsubai Trek?
During the HikerWolf Kalsubai trek, we will provide simple and delicious food made by localities at the base village to our trekkers. For breakfast, you will be served fresh and hot Poha or Uppma with a hot cup of tea. For lunch, you get proper Maharashtrian food which includes chapati (Indian bread), bhaji (vegetable curry), rice, and dal. In between the trek, there are many small stalls where you can eat your favourite maggie, and also other snack items like chips, biscuits, and lemon juice stalls are open so that you can maintain the energy throughout the trek.
17. Can we drink alcohol or smoke during Kalsubai Trek?
No, Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited on the Kalsubai trek.
18. Can you tell me about Kalsubai Temple?
Kalsubai temple is a small yet ancient temple nestled on the Kalsubai Peak. It is known to be the sacred abode of a local deity called Kalsubai. The temple beams with religiosity and spirituality along with the serenity of the mountain throughout the year. The local priest of the temple organizes traditional prayer services every Tuesday and Thursday. It is also famous for the religious fair organized in its ambience during the Hindu festival of Navratri.
19. What type of footwear should I wear for the Kalsubai Trek?
Comfortable and trekking shoes are recommended for the enduring trek to Kalsubai Shikhar. We recommend Action Campus trekking shoes for better grip in the Sahyadri trek.
20. Is Kalsubai Peak the highest peak in Maharashtra?
Yes, Kalsubai Peak is the highest peak in Maharashtra. With a height of around 5400 feet and 1646 meters above sea level, Kalsubai Peak stands as the highest peak in Maharashtra and thus is also adorned with the title of being the Everest of Maharashtra.
21. What is the inclusion in the Kalsubai trekking package?
HikerWolf Kalsubai trekking package includes:
- Road Transportation from Kasara to Kalsubai trek base village & Back
- Snacks during the trek
- HikerWolf expert trek leader
- First Aid
22. This is the first time I am going on a trek. Should I go for the Kalsubai trek?
Yes, you should give it a try. Kalsubai trek is known as an easy to moderately difficult trek and thus, offers an ideal opportunity to amateur trekkers and first-timers to explore their adventurous side. It is suited for all healthy adults as well as children.
23. What is the altitude of Kalsubai Trek?
Kalsubai trek is located in the western ghats. It is perched at an altitude of 1646 meters above sea level and it is the highest peak of Maharashtra. It is a 6.6 km long trek with steel ladders and iron railings which makes it more adventurous.
24. What is the level of fitness expected from the Kalsubai trek?
You do not need to be an expert trekker to venture on the Kalsubai trek. As it is an easy to moderately difficult trek. People with good stamina and fitness levels can enjoy the trek easily. For people who are not physically active, working on your health levels two weeks before the trek will prepare you for the enthralling trekking experience.
25. What type of meals are included in the HikerWolf Kalsubai trekking?
HikerWolf Kalsubai trek includes breakfast and lunch. The best part is that we provide Jaine/Vegetarian/Non- vegetarian food choices.
26. What kind of equipment and clothes should I carry for the trek?
You should carry the following equipment and clothes for the trek:
- Comfortable trekking shoes (compulsory)
- A water bottle (Minimum 2ltr)
- An extra pair of clothes
- A shoulder bag/ rucksack for all your luggage
- Personal medications (if any)
- Identity proof
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes (especially during monsoon)
- Raincoat (during monsoon)
Note: Do not carry any valuables to the Kalsubai Trek. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. HikerWolf will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance
27. Is Kalsubai Trek safe?
Yes, Kalsubai Trek is safe. The government has equipped the trekking route with various iron ladders, railings, and chains, making the Kalsubai Trek an extremely safe experience for trekkers.
28. How long does it take to reach the Kalsubai peak from the base village?
The trek is over 6.6 km long and it can take approximately 4 hours to reach Kalsubai peak from the base village depending on the stamina and your speed of the group.
29. What is the height of the Kalsubai peak?
Kalsubai Shikhar is over 5400 feet tall and thus stands as the highest peak in Maharashtra.
30. What is the minimum age required for the HikerWolf Kalsubai trek?
The minimum age required for the HikerWolf Kalsubai trek is 14 years.
31. What is the Kalsubai Trek base village's distance from Mumbai?
Kalsubai Trek base village is around 155 kilometres away from Mumbai and can be reached via train, bus, or taxi in approximately 3.5 hours.
32. What is the Kalsubai Trek base village's distance from Pune?
Kalsubai Trek base village is around 180 kilometres away from Pune and can be reached via train, bus, or taxi. It takes approximately 4-6 hours to reach there.
33. Fun facts about the Kalsubai trek
Below given are a few fun facts about the Kalsubai trek:
- According to villagers, Kalsubai peak is assumed to take its name from a Koli girl named Kalsu.
- From the top of Kalusbai peak, you can see the triplet of very popular hiking destinations, Alang, Madan, and Kulang.
- Kalsubai trek is nestled in the Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary.
34. Is there any age limit for the Kalsubai trek?
Yes, the HikerWolf Kalsubai trek is limited to people up to the age of 35 years. Travellers need to be within the age limit on the trip departure date to be eligible to join. We strictly follow this age criterion, and can not make any exceptions.
We feel that a narrow age-group leads to better experiences for our travellers when they visit a destination and the whole trip experience is more fun since people are on the same wavelength. Plus, it is always great when people make friends and keep in touch later.
35. Places to visit near Kalsubai
There are many exciting and picturesque places to visit near Kalsubai such as Bhandardara Lake and dam, Sandhan Valley, Amruteshwar temple, Randha and Umbrella Falls, as well as Ratangad Fort and Wildlife Sanctuary. The Kalsubai Peak gives a panoramic view of all these scenic places cuddled in numerous mountain ranges.
36. Things to know about Kalsubai Trek?
You should know the following things about the Kalsubai trek:
- Kalsubai Peak is situated in the Sahyadri ranges. It was formed by similar geological events that led to the emergence of Western Ghats and are constituted by concretized flood basalt.
- According to a local legend, the peak is named after a girl who disappeared here while escaping her in-laws who harassed and tormented her. The mountain has said to have protected her and taken her into its shelter away from the cruel world. Since then, the local people consider the mountain top sacred and have built a temple in the memory of the tormented girl who was saved by holy powers.
37. How can I book a Kalsubai Trek with HikerWolf?
After selecting the Kalsubai trek on the Hikerwolf website, click the Book now button, select the dates and make your payment. You will get an auto-generated receipt on the email submitted by you. You can also contact us if you have any difficulty, we will guide you through the booking process.
38. Can the Kalsubai Trek be personalized?
Yes, Kalsubai Trek can be personalized for you if you have a group of 14 plus people.
39. What is the average temperature on the Kalsubai Trek?
The average temperature maintained in winter is 10 degrees celsius to 20 degrees celsius. In summer it is melting hot as the temperature goes up to 35 degrees celsius.
40. What are the highlights of the Kalsubai trek?
Following are the highlights of the HikerWolf Kalsubai trek:
- It is a one-day trek of 6.6 km from the base village, Bari, to the Kalsubai Shikhar through a straight slope.
- The pristine Waki River flows on the outskirts of Bari and a few meters away from the stream is the sacred Hanuman temple.
- The Hanuman temple stands as a prominent landmark in the Kalsubai trek as it marks a straight route to the summit.
- The route to the peak is marked by blossoming green fields, rocky terrains, as well as waterfalls.
- The highlights of the trek are the sacred temple perched on the mountain top, the mesmerizing kaleidoscopic view from the peak, as well as the gorgeous sunset and sunrise views from Kalsubai Shikhar which will make you experience heaven on earth.