Wondering what it’s like to wake up in the morning, surrounded by wispy clouds and the tingling bells of monasteries? Then you’ve found the right place! A state full of mountains and monasteries at every corner – we bring you a trip to the beautiful land of Sikkim! The cool waterfalls and the relaxing weather make Sikkim one of the perfect destinations for an 8-days vacation. And yo, you can see the golden peak of Kanchenjunga right from the lap of this beautiful place. So what are you waiting for? Come join us for the dream vacation that you’ve been planning for a long time!
- 01 October 2023
- 08 October 2023
- 12 November 2023
- 19 November 2023
- 10 December 2023
7N / 8D
SIKKIM Tour package:
Reaching Bagdogra Airport on your own : 29999/- per person
Mumbai to Mumbai by Indigo Airline : 49,999/- per person
NOTE : Block your seat at just ₹10,000/- and pay the rest 25 days before the trip date.
Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra (IXB) / NJP / Siliguri | Transfer to Gangtok
Embarking from Bagdogra Airport or NJP Railway Station, you’ll traverse the 135-kilometer scenic route to reach Gangtok, the captivating capital of Sikkim, nestled at 5500 feet in the Himalayas. En route, the winding roads and glimpses of Tista Bazaar offer a mesmerizing introduction to the region’s natural beauty. Upon arrival, settle into your chosen accommodation and take a moment to rejuvenate. Later, a leisurely evening awaits, best spent exploring the lively MG Road and immersing yourself in the hill city’s unique ambiance. This sets the stage for a tranquil and comfortable overnight stay, promising a delightful start to your Gangtok adventure.
Day 2: Gangtok to Lachen (120 kms./5 hrs./ Alt.- 8,500 ft.) / Overnight at Lachen
Following an early morning meal, our journey unfolds towards Lachen. The path winds through quaint villages, leading to the serene Kabi Lungchok forest grove. Soon, we’ll arrive at Shinghik, a vantage point renowned for its breathtaking vista of Kanchenjunga. Perched at an altitude exceeding 4000 feet, Shinghik provides a welcomed respite for travelers en route to Lachen. A satisfying lunch awaits us along the way. We’ll make a stop at Chungthang, where the Lachen Chu and Lachung Chu rivers converge, and catch sight of the picturesque Vimala Falls. By late afternoon, we’ll reach Lachen, a pivotal point for the renowned Green Lake trek, and settle in for the evening.
Day 3: Excursion to Gurudongmar. Lachen to Lachung (50 km/ 2 hrs) / Overnight at Lachung
Embarking on an early morning drive, we head to the remote high-altitude village of Thangu (4100m / 13450ft), home to Tibetan Nomads. Continuing our journey, we venture further to the awe-inspiring Chopta Valley (4000m / 13124ft), where frozen rivers carve through an alpine landscape. Pushing onward, we cover another 30 kilometers in about 1.5 hours to reach Gurudongmar Lake (5225m / 17143ft), a colossal freshwater lake near the Tibet Border and one of the highest in Sikkim. After soaking in this natural marvel, we return to Lachen for a late lunch.
Post this, we bid farewell to Lachen and proceed to Lachung via Chungthang. Along the way, we pause at Chungthang, where the Lachen Chu and Lachung Chu rivers converge, and admire the cascading beauty of Vimala Waterfalls. Upon arrival in Lachung, we check in to our chosen accommodation for a comfortable overnight stay.
Lachung, yet another remote high-altitude village, is inhabited by Tibetan and Bhutia communities in North Sikkim. It boasts towering snow-capped peaks, vibrant rhododendron valleys, verdant yak pastures, perennial waterfalls, hot springs, and serves as the gateway to exploring the alpine wonders of Yumthang and Yumesamdong, nestled close to the Tibetan plateau.
Day 4: Excursion to Yumthang. Lachung – Gangtok (24 km./ Alt.- 11,800ft.) / Overnight at Gangtok
At the crack of dawn, embark on a scenic drive to the enchanting Yumthang Valley, a picturesque alpine flower haven nestled in North Sikkim. Revel in the breathtaking landscapes and unwind in the rejuvenating hot springs. Continue your journey for another 30 kilometers to reach Yumesamdong (4725m / 15503ft), also known as Zero Point, situated near the Tibet Border. This spot boasts one of the highest motorable roads in Sikkim. Delight in a full-day excursion in the captivating Yumthang Valley, which is blanketed in snow from January to March and adorned with vibrant rhododendrons from April to May. Along the way, make a stop at the Sulphur Hot Spring, known for its medicinal properties. Following lunch at the hotel in Lachung, visit the Handicraft Centre and Lachung Monastery. Later, journey back to Gangtok, arriving in the evening to check in at your hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 5: Excursion – Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir (Nathula Pass Optionally) / Overnight at Gangtok
Post breakfast, we’ll bid farewell to our hotel and embark on a remarkable excursion to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft. / 39 km), a Himalayan lake nestled at one of the highest altitudes. This stunning oval-shaped lake stretches nearly a kilometer in length, with an average depth of 50 feet, gracing the eastern Sikkim Himalaya. Our journey continues with a 15 km drive to Baba Mandir. Depending on permit availability and route accessibility, we may venture further to Nathula Pass (12,000 ft.), edging towards the China border. In the evening, we’ll explore the bustling market of Gangtok, M G Marg, for some shopping and indulge in delectable Sikkimese cuisine at a local restaurant. Retire for the night at our hotel in Gangtok, cherishing the day’s adventures.
Day 6: Namchi – Ravangla / Overnight at Pelling
Following breakfast, we’ll set out for a day of sightseeing in Namchi and Ravangla before making our way to Pelling for the night. Enjoy your overnight stay in Pelling.
Day 7: Pelling Sightseeing / Overnight at Pelling
Perched in the West Sikkim district of India, Pelling is a quaint hill town situated at an elevation of 2,150 m (7,200 feet). Positioned 10 km away from the district hub of Geyzing and 131 km from Gangtok, Pelling offers a serene escape in the lap of the Himalayas. The town boasts local monasteries as its prominent attractions. A highlight is the Pelling Sky Walk and the impressive 137 feet tall statue of Chenrezig (Avalokitesvara) near Sanga Choeling. This statue, along with a transparent glass Sky Walk leading to it, has been a significant draw since its inauguration in November 2018, capturing the fascination of many visitors.
Day 8 : Pelling – Bagdogra
Depart Pelling at the early hour of 4:30 AM to make our way towards Bagdogra, ensuring we have ample time before our 11:30 AM flight. We’ll trace back the same route for a smooth journey back home, carrying with us cherished memories of this delightful trip.
Note: Please be aware that if the event has 6 or fewer participants, it may be automatically customized. In such cases, a local representative from HikerWolf will personally welcome you at the designated starting point.
- Accommodation in clean and comfortable triple sharing rooms or homestays.
- Internal transportation, including pick-up and drop-off at Bagdogra Airport.
- Breakfast and dinner throughout the Sikkim backpacking trip.
- All necessary permits and entry fees during the tour.
- The assistance of a knowledgeable HikerWolf buddy throughout the Sikkim backpacking adventure.
- Travel expenses for arriving at Bagdogra Airport on Day 1.
- Travel expenses for departing from Bagdogra Airport on Day 8.
- Nathula Pass Permit.
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Day 8.
- Food during transit to and from Bagdogra Airport.
- Any personal expenses incurred during the Sikkim backpacking trip.
- .Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- 5% GST
THINGS TO CARRY
- Valid Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card) along with 5 photocopies of each document.
- 5 Passport Size Color Photographs.
- Water Bottles.
- A lightweight Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack.
- Sturdy trekking shoes, and a pair of comfortable flip-flops.
- Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf.
- Thermal Inners.
- Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets.
- Waterproof gloves and a windcheater/poncho.
- Personal clothing (Dressing modestly is mandatory for visits to Monasteries and Dzongs).
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf.
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional).
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer.
- Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/unused garments, wet/dry clothing)
- Any prescribed medications, after consulting a doctor.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Snacks & Biscuits for munching (Optional).
- Energyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
1. If you have any heart or breathing issues, consult your physician before embarking on this trip.
2. Consider carrying Popcorn and/or Camphor from Gangtok when heading to High Altitude areas like Lachen, Gurudongmar, Lachung, Yumthang, Yumesamdong & Nathula, where oxygen levels are thin.
3. Kindly refrain from taking pictures en route to Gurudongmar from Lachen and at Nathula due to the presence of our Indian Army base and security concerns.
4. Ensure you arrive at the designated starting location as per the itinerary. HikerWolf will not entertain refunds for late arrivals. For any changes, consult your HikerWolf buddy in advance.
5. Consumption of alcohol or any prohibited substances is strictly prohibited. Carrying illegal substances is not allowed. Smoking is also strictly prohibited. Anyone found violating these rules will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Traveling to Nathula Pass is subject to road conditions. Please note that Nathula Pass is closed on Mondays & Tuesdays.
Terms of Service
While booking this trip you acknowledge that this trip is an adventure trip and like all adventure has a risk of physical injury and also death; you fully accept the responsibility for all such risks as a condition of participation and accept that the organizers on behalf of HikerWolf or HikerWolf as the firm cannot be held/ made liable for the same. We are just responsible for Hotel, Travel and Guide bookings for all the trips.
- HikerWolf reserves the rights to cancel the trip if the minimum batch size does not suffice.
- Trip Leaders will only accompany you if there are people more than the minimum batch size otherwise, the trip will be handled virtually.