What’s a better vacation plan than snow-capped mountains, green valleys, lakes, and rivers with a punch of road trips and music? Spiti Valley is everything you are looking for! The valley may be a bit barren and rugged, but it is one of the best places to satisfy your wanderlust. This cold desert in the lands of Himachal houses many tiny hamlets, terrains of green meadows, and a chance for your perfect rendezvous.
Spiti Valley is a paradise for trekkers, adventurers, and lovers. Clear air, blue skies, and puffy clouds or starry night, dreamy moonlight, and midnight stroll; you name it because Spiti Valley offers you all of them! So what are you waiting for? Get on the bandwagon already!
7 Nights, 8 Days
If Train Tickets are included, your journey will commence one day before the initially mentioned date.
Triple Sharing Without Train tickets – 20,999/- per person
Dual Sharing Without Train tickets – 23,999/- per person
Triple Sharing With Train tickets – ₹22,499/- per person
Dual Sharing With Train tickets – ₹25,499/- per person
NOTE : Block your seat at just ₹5000/- and pay the rest 25 days before the trip date.
discounts & offers
Note: “We’re dedicated to ensuring you have a seamless journey, and the adventure truly begins when you arrive at your designated pickup points, either Delhi’s Kashmiri Gate or Majnu ka Tila. As a gesture of our commitment to your satisfaction, we’re pleased to offer you a special package that includes sleeper class train tickets from Mumbai.”
Day 0: Mumabi to Delhi
Only for someone has opted for train tickets from Mumbai, Surat, Vadodara.
Day 1: Delhi to Shimla
Meet our trip leader at Delhi by 8pm in evening and start our overnight journey to Shimla via a Volvo bus.
Day 2: Narkanda via Shimla and Kufri
Begin the Spiti valley road trip. Drive towards Narkanda via Shimla and Kufri. Check-In at our accommodation in Narkanda by afternoon.
Day 3: Narkanda to Kalpa
Post breakfast, brace yourself for the mesmerizing views that the Kinnauri region has to offer. The roads will keep you glued to the window. If time permits, we will visit the suicide point in Kalpa.
Day 4: Kalpa to Tabo via Nako
Check out from the hotel and drive to Tabo. On the way visit Nako Monastery and Nako lake. Reach Tabo by late afternoon. Overnight stay in Tabo.
Day 5: Tabo to Kaza
Visit Tabo monastery and Dhankar Monastery. Reach Kaza by late afternoon and spend the evening in Kaza’s local market. Overnight stay in Kaza.
Day 6: Kaza-Langza-Kaza
Visit the Key monastery and some tiny remote hamlets of Spiti Valley- Kibber, Hikkim, Komic, and Langza. Overnight stay in Kaza.
Day 7: Kaza to Sangla
Post breakfast we head towards Sangla which is close to the very famous Chitkul. A visit to Chitkul and Baspa river Overnight stay at Sangla
Day 8: Sangla to Shimla
Post breakfast we leave for Shimla. We end the trip with loads of memories in Shimla.
- Travel from Delhi to Shimla in Volvo
- Sleeper class train tickets from Mumbai to Delhi and Back.
- Shimla Pick up through Tempo Traveler
- 6 Night stay in Homestays/ Hotel/ Hostel/
- 6 Breakfast & 6 Dinner for each traveler
- Parking fee, Fuel Charges, Driver Include
- HikerWolf Expertise
- Basic First Aid
- Complete assistance in all other activities for the best possible rates
- Government taxes and service charges
- All entrance tickets for sightseeing wherever required
- All permits
- Any additional Transfers
- Extra Food & Beverages, water
- Meals onboard train journey.
- Adventure Activities
- Personal Expenses
- Heater charges
- Additional expenses arise due to unforeseen crisis
- Anything which is not mentioned in the above Inclusion
THINGS TO CARRY
- Sweater/Jacket -20°
- Two pairs of thermals
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers
- Water bottles, trendy backpacks, and energy bars/snacks
- A pair of sunglasses
- Caps or hats
- Personal toiletries and basic medication
- Insect repellent
- Emergency medical kit
- Power Banks
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Extra Bags to keep Wet clothes
- HikerWolf provides its train tickets through the IRCTC app.
- The tickets confirmation depends on the number of days left until the trip.
- While it’s important to understand that there is no 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets on every occasion, please be aware that HikerWolf does not have control over the confirmation process for tickets.
- It’s important to acknowledge that there’s always a possibility of receiving an RAC (half seat) or a waitlisted ticket instead of a confirmed seat. Please note that HikerWolf is not accountable for unconfirmed tickets, as IRCTC is a government entity over which we have no control.
- If the train is canceled or its route is changed for any reason, HikerWolf will not assume responsibility, and alternative solutions will be offered at an additional cost.
- To enhance your chances of securing a full seat on the train, it’s highly advisable to book your trip well in advance, preferably at least 20 days prior to your travel date.
- HikerWolf cannot be held responsible for changes in your travel plans, and therefore, if you choose not to take the same train we originally booked for your return journey, there will be no refunds\change for ticket dates or prices.
STILL, HAVE QUESTIONS?
Request a callback
DAY 1: Delhi to Shimla
Our soulful journey starts at Delhi bus station where you meet our team members and your fellow travelers. We get onto a Volvo bus and start our Spiti valley road trip and travel along the path of creating blissful memories and capturing nature.
DAY 2: Narkanda via Shimla and Kufri
As soon as we reach Shimla, we check into our accommodation to freshen up from a long bus journey. After having a delightful breakfast, we start our drive towards Narkanda via Shimla and Kufri. We reach Narkanda past noon and check-in at our accommodation in Narkanda and have an overnight stay there. Spectate the beauty of sceneries in the evening while enjoying your delicious dinner. We can arrange bonfires and game night as per request too.
DAY 3: Narkanda to Kalpa
Post breakfast, we start our journey from Narkanda early in the morning and head to Kalpa. We will be entering the beautiful Kinnaur Valley. On the way, witness the beautiful valleys of the Himalayas and capture those moments on your reels. The roads are so beautiful that they will keep you glued to the windows. We stop at Sarahan on our way to visit the famous Bhimakali temple set in the middle of gigantic mountains. This temple is dedicated to Bhimakali, the presiding deity of the rulers of the former Bushahr State.
We then set paths towards Kalpa and reach there by afternoon. Drop your bags and freshen up at our accommodation in Kapla and if time permits, we head to visit the suicide point in Kalpa. We then return to the hotel by evening and witness the beautiful sunset amidst the panoramic Kinnaur-Kailash mountain range, also known as the “white mountain range”. Have an overnight stay at Kapla while we have a delicious dinner.
DAY 4: Kalpa to Tabo | via Nako
We reboot ourselves and continue our journey towards Tabo right after having our breakfasts. On our way, we witness the architectural wonders of the famous Nako Monastery and explore the cultural dynamics of the area which is influenced by the Tibetan cultures. It is one of the oldest Buddhist monasteries and famous for its year-old ancient paintings, still safeguarded by the monks there. We also visit the Nako lake which is located right beside the monastery. Here you can experience the pristine view and click some really good photos.
We then continue towards our destination alongside the mesmerizing Spiti River and witness the beautiful mountain roads of Himachal. We stop at the “Khab Sangam” where the Spiti River meets the Sutlej River. Upon reaching Tabo by late afternoon/evening, we drop our bags in the hotel and call it a day! A delicious dinner will be awaiting us along with an overnight stay in Tabo. Post dinner, head to a secret spot for stargazing, where you might get to see the shooting stars, a clear view of the Milkyway, and constellations with naked eyes.
DAY 5: Tabo to Kaza
Right after an early breakfast, we head towards our next destination, Kaza. Along the way, we surrender ourselves to the calmness of the Tabo monastery. Experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains here and meditate your minds into a sense of peace. Thereafter, we head to another monastery called the Dhankar Monastery which is locked between the rocky spurs at the top of a cliff in Dhankar village. Here you can learn about the Buddhists traditions.
After letting ourselves witness the colors of the Tibetan culture, we set back on our paths to a 2-days stay at Kaza. We reach there by late afternoon and upon dropping our luggage at the hotel, you can spend the evening in Kaza’s local market and witness the local lives of the people living here. Head back to the hotel after your shopping is done for an overnight stay in Kaza along with a delicious dinner.
Day 6: Kaza - Langza - Kaza
Post breakfast, we head towards today’s divine destination, the very famous Key monastery where Spend time with the young monks studying in the Gompa. Trek for about 30-40 minutes from Key Monastery for a spectacular view of the monastery and the valley during sunset. Along the road, we also witness the most renowned Chicham Bridge, the highest bridge in Asia. This architectural masterpiece will astound your brains!
Explore the nearby villages and some remote hamlets of Spiti Valley such as:
- Kibber - where you can witness the local lives of the people living in this remote village and capture some moments on your camera.
Hikkim - where you can visit the world’s highest post office and buy various kinds of postcards and start an authentic postcards collection of your own.
- Komik - where you can visit the famous Komik Monastery while walking around the world’s highest motorable village.
- Langza - which is the most “instagrammable” location of the Spiti Valley and witness the huge golden-colored Langza Buddha statue which appears to be overlooking the entire valley and especially the small Langza village. And if you are lucky enough, you might as well spot a snow leopard in the winters!
After such an eventful day, we head back to our hotel in Kaza and relieve ourselves from all the tiredness while having a mouth-watering dinner and an overnight stay in Kaza. We end our 2-days Kaza trip with a bonfire and a whole bunch of photographs and memories.
Day 7: Kaza to Sangla
After a wholesome breakfast, we head back to Sangla. On the way, we take a slight diversion from the highway to enter the Gue Village (if the roads are open), where a 500 years old mummy awaits your visit. Sounds spooky, isn’t it? It is said that the mummy is of a Lama who was meditating and hence, various tourists come here to spectate the wonder.
Thereafter, we will continue along our route to Sangla. A pitstop to Chitkul to witness the frozen Baspa river. Head back to the hotels afterward for a delicious dinner and overnight stay at Sangla.
DAY 8: Sangla to Shimla
Post breakfast, we head back to Shimla and end our 8-days Spiti valley tour here with loads of happy memories, smiling faces, and an overflowing camera roll! You can explore the local sightseeing in Shimla such as the Mall Road, Shimla Refugee Market, and The Ridge. You can also explore nearby places as per your choice and we can assist you with your Volvo booking from Shimla to Delhi or any other location as per your convenience.
Disclaimer: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, state/district covid guidelines, the physical ability of participants, etc may cause a change in itinerary. Hikerwolf reserves the right to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.
Terms of Service
While booking this trip you acknowledge that this trip is an adventure trip and like all adventure has a risk of physical injury and also death; you fully accept the responsibility for all such risks as a condition of participation and accept that the organizers on behalf of HikerWolf or HikerWolf as the firm cannot be held/ made liable for the same. We are just responsible for Hotel, Travel and Guide bookings for all the trips.