Kaas Plateau, also known as the Kaas Pathar, is a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of seasonal flower blooms and numerous species of endemic butterflies. From pretty orchids to the wild and predatory Drosera Indica, there are more than 850 species of plants that bloom in Kass from August to October.
- 22 Sept 2023
- 23 Sept 2023
- 29 Sept 2023
- 30 Sept 2023
- 1 Oct 2023
- 6 Oct 2023
- 7 Oct 2023
- 08 Oct 2023
- 13 Oct 2023
- 14 Oct 2023
- 20 Oct 2023
- 21 Oct 2023
- From Kaas to Kass – ₹750/-
- From Mumbai to Mumbai – ₹2599/-
Block your seat at ₹500/- and pay the rest one day before the event date
- 10:00 pm : Borivli SGNP Gate
- 10:10 pm: Goregaon – Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall
- 10:20 pm: Andheri – Start of Andheri flyover
- 10:30 pm: Bandra – Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop
- 10:40 pm: Sion Station
- 11:00 pm: Chembur – Shivaji Maharaj Statue
- 11:40 pm: Vashi – Opposite Center One Mall
- 11:50 pm: Kharghar – Hotel Three Star
Note: People traveling by their own vehicle must meet our team at Hotel Three Star in Kharghar at 11:50 p.m. and follow our vehicle to the base village.
Note: A WhatsApp group will be created for coordination. It will include details such as GPS locations for pickup points, coordinator contact, live location of the bus, etc.
Day 0: Kaas Plateau Trip Begins (night before the tour date)
- You’ll meet our team at the designated Meeting Point and Pickup Time. For those who opted for “Without Bus Pickup,” please reach Hotel Three Star in Khargar at 11:50pm and follow our vehicle to Kaas.
Day 1: Kaas Plateau | Koyna Backwaters | Vajrai waterfalls
- Arrive at the base village by 07:00 am and freshen up at the breakfast point and have your Breakfast.
- After a brief introduction and instructions session, we’ll head to Kaas Plateau/ Kaas Pathar, a 20-minute drive from the breakfast point.
Explore the stunning Colourful Meadows – this is not a trek but a guided tour.
- Take your time to soak in the beauty and capture moments.
- Visit Kumudini Lake which is known for Lotus flowers.
- Following our exploration of Kaas Plateau, we’ll start bus journey to Kaas Lake.
- Afterwards, we’ll make our way back for a hearty lunch
- As the day draws to a close, we’ll commence our return journey to Mumbai at approximately 3:00 pm.
- The anticipated arrival in Mumbai, around 10:30 pm, may be subject to traffic conditions.
- AC Bus pickup and drop from Mumbai (if opted)
- Morning Breakfast
- Evening Tea
- Kaas Plateau entry fee
- Local guide fee
- First aid
- HikerWolf Expertise
- Other Food
- Any personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned under inclusion
things to carry:
- ID Card
- 2 to 3 liters of drinking water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon-D powder
- 2 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho/ Windcheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Note: Do not carry any valuables. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. We will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance.
1. Where is Kaas Plateau located & what is the mode of transportation?
Kaas plateau is on the outskirts of Satara district (Mumbai-280 km & Pune 140 km).
We’ll be traveling overnight by non-AC push-back bus or via private vehicle, starting from
2. Can children and senior citizens join this tour?
Eco-Tours are open for all age groups. As we are outdoors and have a long trail to walk on the plateau; infants & physically unfit travelers are not allowed on this tour for health & convenience concerns.
3. When will I get tour details of Kaas Plateau?
Usually, the final tour details such as contact details of leaders, meeting details, Do’s & don’ts will be communicated via WhatsApp within 1 or 2 days prior to the trip.
4. Can I directly meet you at Kaas Plateau?
Answer: Yes, but it depends on case to case. As it is in a remote location, there are connectivity issues and network issues as well.
1. Can I join solo?
Of course, you can, we always have people joining solo and they go back home making many new friends.
2. How and when will your team coordinate with me?
We make a WhatsApp group of all the participants, one day before the event and share all the necessary details in it.
3. How do I join if I am from Pune?
If you’re from Pune, kindly meet us at Kalyan station.
4. Is this event kids friendly?
Yes, it is allowed for Kids above 7 years, but you need to take responsibility for your kids.
5. How much do I pay for my kid?
From 7 years to 12 years- 70% of the ticket value
Above 12 years- full payment
6. How do I pay for my Kid?
You can Google Pay or Paytm us on 9699514240
7. Are drinks allowed?
Drinks and smoking are strictly prohibited on this trek.
8. Will I get Jain food?